New Discoveries (Chapter 3)

I stare in amazement looking at something I once thought was a myth. As it gazes down at me my mind wanders, my heart skips a beat, and the butterflies I thought were gone flutter in my stomach. A wisp, a creature thought to only be in fairy tales had found me and my brother. After a few moments of silence it spoke "Hello dear girl, what are you doing wondering this forest?" it asked with curiosity. I reply back in a calm an anxious voice, "I am Eliza, and my dear brother and I are traveling to find a new home where we can fit in an no longer be the odd ones." The wisp shook it's head sadly, "You don't need to be like those who act alike. Just be true to yourself and you will always find where you belong."

The wisp came down from the tree an stood in front of me. "I am not like other creatures in these dark woods. I am different and unique." The wisp smiled then in a blink of an eye the wisp had turned into a boy with messy, blonde with icy blue streaks hair, bright blue eyes, worn out pair of grey cargo pants, old, dark grey t shirt, and beat up pair of blue sneakers. I gasp in amazement and surprise. "W-what is your name then..?" I ask in a stuttering to get the words from my mouth. He replied "My name is Frost, and I am a  shifter. I can turn into any creature and anything in this forest. But I have a question on my mind, why travel through the Midnight Forest when the tales of it are true?" My eyes widen in fear and surprise then i fall to my knees in shock. I cover my face with my hands and cry, "Our  parents told us stories of the Midnight Forest an told us that none of it was true." Crying my eyes out "And now I have brought the only family member I have left into a dangerous place...."

Frost then kneels by my side and hugs me as he sits in silence while I cry out. After, he breaks the silence "You may live with me if you wish. I can keep you and your brother safe and teach you both the beauty of these woods." Holding his hand out to help me up from the ground with a smile that shines brighter than the sun, I take his and as he helps me up. Smiling as my cheeks turn a cherry red "Thank you, but you needn't go through the trouble of having us as housemates.." Frost laughs quietly "I wouldn't mind having company, I've actually wanted housemates an others to be with me." Smiling an I giggle quietly to myself "Then we shall join you and accompany you as well."

Quickly and quietly I gather up most of our things as we are about to finally have a home, with someone who understand what it's like to be..different....