Chapter 1

It was a cold Saturday morning.

Brittany had to wake up earlier today because her boss called in saying her Saturday shift had changed and now it's from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm.

Pretty exhausting if you ask her.

She had a quick breakfast which consisted of just a small granola bar and a glass of juice.

She had at arrived at 6:55 at the not so big coffee shop called strawbucks that was just a few blocks from her house which allowed her to walk.

There was although a minor problem, wind hitting her face every 5 seconds.

"Hey bob!" She raised her hand to quickly wave at her barista friend.
They've been friends ever since bob moved in her boring and quiet town.

"Hey Brit! I didn't expect you to be here right now. Aren't Saturdays your day off?" He asked while attending the next costumer in line.

"Yeah but Christian called me today and said my shift was changed from Wednesday being one of my days off to Saturday"

"Hm, of course, well that's great! I can so often check up on my little sister now"

they both chuckled at that because they aren't technically related but that's how they acted towards each other.

As Brittany was about to speak
The bell above the door jingled, and she turned her attention on the guy that had walked in.

He was wearing a grey knitted sweater, and his curly hair was occupied by a cream fedora. Around his shoulders was his bag, where he carried what looked like a laptop.

He sat down right in front of the brewery's window. He placed his bag on top of the table and pulled out his silver laptop.

He set his bag onto to the seat next to him, and opened to his laptop screen.

"Do you need a napkin cause you seem to be drooling"

Brittany adverted her gaze from the guy that had appeared through the door.

"what? Did you ask something?"
She asked clearly dumbfounded.

"I said- nevermind you seem to be eyeing Aidan over there?"

"That's his name!...I mean...I have no idea what you're talking about hah"

she replied nervously while tucking her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Mhm, yeah sure now go attend him I'll tell you more about him when you come back from taking his order"

He said as he shooed me towards his table.

Taking a calming breath, Brittany walked over to him, and He looked up at her with his mesmerizing emerald green eyes.

She tried her hardest to keep herself from falling to her knees at the sight of them.

He smiled, and spoke in the most deepest voice one could ever hear. 

"Hey"

"Hi" was all that she could manage to get out.

"Um welcome to strawbucks how can I help you?"

"You aren't usually here am I right?"
He asked her waiting for an answer.

"Yeah my boss just changed my shift today so I'm working here Saturdays now- um so your order? What would you take today?" She asked him again.

"Oh, right well I would like just a regular black coffee, thank you"
He spoke as he leaned back and begin typing away on his laptop.

"Got it, I'll be right back with your order"

"Thank you" he replied.

——————————————————
To be continued...

Instagram:
@/Hsflowerslwt
And
@/Vronic.aa