Chapter 12

I wouldn't say I was mad that Chase had suddenly decided to whore around. 

Irritated, would be the right word.

Extremely irritated.

As the week had gone by (it's Thursday, by the way) he seemed to get more and more cocky. He constantly came round with some girl who smelt like too much perfume or had too much makeup and would show her off in front of his locker.

And I know that sounds sad, or even a little bitter, but it's true. He would go to his locker and literally move his new girlfriend in between he and I while making wayward sneers towards me as his girl gushes over the latest party.

I'm surprised that I haven't snapped at him yet. Not only has he been rude and disrespectful towards me, but he treats all the girls he's with like sh*t. 

Then again, that's his and her business and I'm not getting involved with him anytime soon.

Stepping out of my petty thoughts and into reality, I barely made it to my English class. Well barely, as in late. 

The teacher glared as I snuck into the closest empty seat in the room in the middle of her lecture about  pronouns and pronoun phrases. I shoulder bumped the guy next to me as I slid my backpack onto my lap. I nodded towards him apologetically. 

His semi long mud brown head shaked back at me as he scooted his worksheet to the center of the table so I could see. I smiled in response to his kindness.

I zoned out for the next 20 minutes of her lecture until I felt a poke to my side. Squeaking a little, I turned to the person beside me.

"We have to do this worksheet in groups, so..." he trailed off, his blue eyes trailing towards the paper between us.

I nodded, "So what do we have to do?"

"Just write down what person the pronouns are in. I can do it myself if your too busy?" he took the paper in his hand.

I shook my head, "Why would I be busy? I'll help."

We worked on the sheet for maybe five minutes before we were done.

"So..." he trailed off.

"What's your name?" I said, cutting off his awkwardness.

"James. And yours?"

"Abigale. So...Pronouns huh?"

He shook his head, "Yeah, I don't know why we're learning this either."

"Didn't we learn it in like 7th grade already?" I giggled.

He grinned, "Pretty much."

The teacher collected our papers and (for some strange reason) told us to do whatever the hell we wanted because "it wasn't like we were listening to her anyways."

So for the past couple of minutes I got to know the guy next to me. 

"Really? You can do that?" I gasped, amazed at the secret powers he was revealing to me.

He grinned proudly, his blue eyes seemingly lighter than before, "Yeah, I can make tons of different things."

I pouted, "I wish I could do that."

"Well, I can show you sometime. Although you'll have to bring some money because balloons are surprisingly expensive," he shrugged.

"Hey. As long as I can learn how to make a ballon keyblade, I'm set for life." 

He shook his head at my love for Kingdom Hearts as I flipped through his cell phone's pictures. Each one had someone holding up some colorful balloon animal. I smiled as I paused on a picture of him in a top hat and dress shirt with a giant jet-pack made from balloons strapped to his back. He posed with his hand outstretched in front of him as if he could fly at any moment.

James looked over my shoulder and then coughed akwardly before taking his phone from me.

"Yeah. Anyways, anytime you want to learn just hit me up and we'll go crazy on some balloons."

I nodded, smiling at his creeping blush.

The bell rang, which caused a giant groan to erupt from my mouth.

Packing my things, I could tell James was giving me a weird look.

"Not ready to leave yet?"

I shook my head, "No, I just have to deal with having a locker right next to Chase."

"Chase the asshole or Chase the nerd?" he smirked.

I wrinkled my nose, "Obviously the asshole."

We stood up and I steadied my books in my hands while James slipped his backpack over his shoulders.

"I'll walk you to said locker," he said as we left the classroom.

"Are you sure? I can't guarantee he won't be rude..."

He shook his head, "I've dealt with it before."

We got to my locker and for the brief moment I thought that maybe, just maybe Chase wouldn't show up. Maybe he got detention or maybe his tounge got stuck in some girl's mouth--either way, my hopes were crushed when he circled around me holding the arm of some blonde girl.

For some reason, God only knows, Chase was dead silent. I mean, his girl was whining about him not holding her hand, but he was quiet.

James chuckled and pointed to one of the many photos pinned to my locker. I stuck my tongue out at him. The picture he was giggling about had me posed above Alex's shoulders with a bucket load of water mid-air. His face was filled with pure horror as the splash of liquid paused, reaching for his face. At the corner of the photo, Amy was seen laughing her ass off.

I finished packing my things and looped my bag around my arm. Closing my locker door, we stepped away from the wall and joined the line of traffic. James looped his arm around my shoulders and led me next to a wall of lockers near the science rooms.

"Now it's my turn to get my things." he said as he masterfully flipped his locker code in and cracked his door open.

I scanned his locker, but it was just filled with textbooks, a sweatshirt, and chip bags and candy wrappers.

He grinned, "Not so exciting, is it?"

I shook my head, "Your sooooo boring."

He laughed, "Well we can't all do crazy things like you."

He finished his book-getting and I ended up following him to the parking lot.

I pulled out my keys, "So I'll see you later".

He nodded and then pulled me into a hug--which, although it wasn't uncomfortable, I'd barely known him for an hour. 

"See you!" he said as he walked back to the parking lot.

-----------------------------------------

Hello!!!!!!

So yeah, there will not be an update tommorow annnnd I'm still not sure if I'm going to continue this story now that I'm in school.

Who knows? : P