Chapter 10

The school week had gone by relatively uneventful. And to my surprise, there were no signs that Chase was really the asshole Amy and Alex made him out to be.

Granted, I was a little worried still. Just thinking about how Chase treated me a week and a half before or maybe even three weeks ago compared to now is startling. It all seemed a little too fast.

But for now, everything seemed good. He hung out with me almost every time I was free. Amy and Alex always huffed and puffed about how much time he was taking from me. Still, it was fun hanging out with him...

Even though sometimes we would fight and end up bitching at each other the whole day, it was nice, sorta.

Anyways.

Today was an extremely special day. 

It was a day where I didn't have to rush around with Amy or Alex or get angry and worried about Chase. Today, I could moan and groan and laugh and cry all I wanted.

Today, I would get to see my best friends and cure my home sickness (and I was very ill, indeed).

--

I rushed over to the pickup truck loaded with my three best friends.Tom honked wildly as the truck came to a halt in my driveway. Once the doors were opened, Gabby tackled me into a hug.

"I missed you so much!!" Gabby gushed into my cheast. By the time Tom was able to pry Gabby off of me, I wobbled and fell.

Well, almost fell. Tom caught me before I actually hit the ground... so I guess technically it's not falling...

Ed eyed me, "Missed me, eh?"

I playfully hit him in the arm, "Let's get inside. It's too hot out here."

"You just don't want a tan." Ed teased.

"And ruin my pasty white skin? Not a chance!"

We shuffled everyone's bags inside and laid them in a pile in the middle of my room. Gabby jumped onto my bed, "So tell me everything!"

I plopped next to her, "Soon enough. So how's everything been back home?"

She sighed, "Well that's boring. Everyone at school is still a whore..."

"Ed's the biggest one of them" Tom chuckled, in which Ed scowled.

"...Oh! Ed turned down Katie Briggs! It was a huge scandal!" she pointed accusingly at Ed.

"What?" he crossed his arms, "Would you have dated her?"

"She's an angel! Why wouldn't I?" she rolled her eyes, "Everyone practically hated us for a week!"

I felt a little pity towards Katie. She was the sweetest, soft-spoken, quiet girl in the whole town. She never did anything wrong. It probably took poor innocent Katie months to come up with the courage to confess. 

Knowing Eddie, he probably blushed and said exactly what was on his mind. Stupid blunt boy.

Gabby and the others went on to tell me all the juicy details about school and the town, until two faces popped up at my bedroom door.

"Abigale~!!!!!" Amy sing-songed, before halting at the doorway, "Oh... hello."

 Alex wined as Amy akwardly blocked the way.

"Hey! Alex, Amy, these are Gabby, Tom, and Ed." I introduced them all. Amy nodded, while Alex shook Tom's hand.

"Why are you guys so formal?" I asked irritably.

Alex grinned and looped his arm around her neck, "Little Amy here is shy." She snorted at him.

So we began talking and the shy-ness eased and before long, everyone was laughing and having a good time. I had hauled up a few sodas and chips and we snacked on those, still ignoring the pile of bags.

I was in the middle of an unatractive catch-the-chip-in-your-mouth-toss from Alex when the doorbell rang.

Amy winked, "Seems Abby is a popular one."

I rolled my eyes and ran downstairs to the front door.

I opened the door to see the one and only Chase. Great.

"Hey," he greeted, "I'm bored."

I put my hand on my hip and leaned on the doorframe, "And you came all the way here to say that?"

"Not a good day, I see."

I let out a sigh, "I have company over."

He snorted, "Like what? A boy?"

I smirked, "In fact, yes. Many boys."

He glared at me and pushed his way into the house. Jealous much?

I led the way to my bedroom door where the group of 5 teens awaited. Once we entered the room, half the eyes were on Chase and the other half were eyeing me suspiciously.

I did the usual introductions and the conversation went on from where it stopped.

"Ughhhh It's so freakin' hot.." Amy whined, draped over my bed.

Ed rolled over on the floor, "I can't even think!"

I laughed, "When can you ever?"

Ed grinned before grabbing my foot and tugging me towards him, "I must steal your brain!!!"

I squealed. From the corner of my eye I could see Chase stare down the unknowing Ed as Tom tried to strike up a conversation with him.

"That reminds me!" Amy suddenly stood up, which interrupted Ed and I's fight, "Your shrieks have boggled my memory as to why we came here!"

"Alex has a pool at his house." she grinned happily.

I looked at her in disbelief, as probably most of everyone did. Alex sighed, "Fine. Lemme call my parents to say we're coming over."

At that, everyone almost leaped up in joy. The only thing that was bogging us down was the weather, but we still did our best cheering and rolling on the floor. I think Chase even grinned.

So all of us piled into our cars, my friends in Tom's Truck, Amy in Alex's car, and me in Chase's. I could see the looks I was getting from my fellow friends, but I ignored.

I sat down as we began to follow mapquest on my phone to find Alex's house. It was silent, until, of  course Chase had to say something.

"So what's up with you and that guy?" he said between teeth.

I rolled my eyes. He was being completely ridiculous.

"That guy is one of my best friends."

"It didn't look like that to me," he muttered.

"And so?" I snapped, irritated that he came and that he was being rude and just... an asshole.

"Really? You have to ask me why I'm mad?" he said with a slight edge to his voice.

"Che. Well yeah. You're the one who wanted to come in and hang out with me."

"Well sorry to ruin your fun with your shitty little friends!" he yelled, "But excuse me when I get mad when I see some other guy touching you!"

His tone got dangerously louder, "But next time he does that, I swear I'm going to punch him right in the face."

"Like hell you will," I almost growled.

"Why shouldn't I!?" he clutched the steering wheel, upset and angry, "You're mine!"

My breath hitched at these words, as they seemed to echo in the silent car. Staring out the window I thought over these words, "You're mine".

He thinks I'm his...

I clenched my teeth. 

Oh hell no!!!!!

----------------------------

Eh. A little good?? : 3

So, What do you think? Does Chase want to date her? Or does he want to control her? Or both?

Sorry for being late btw! I was staring at a blank screen with apsolutely no idea as to what to write and didn't want to disappoint with blehhhhhggggghhhh, so here's the result of thinking for a day!

Please, VOTE, FAN, or COMMENT!!!