Chapter 13: A phone call

Start from the beginning

We waited for our orders patiently, as I fished out my phone from my pocket.

"Eunyeon-ah,"

"Hm," I responded, eyes still focused on my phone screen.

"Do you like Jungkook?"

I instantly looked up to him, hearing his sudden question. "W-why are you asking?"

"Nothing, he really suits you though. Just saying,"

"Hm, I don't know. But we're just friends though," I said.

"Well, it's fine though. Maybe you're still traumatized about what just happened earlier this month, so I don't mind if you're not going to date anyone for the time being. Just take your time and don't force yourself too much," he smiled genuinely at me.

I nodded at him, smiling warmly and that is when a waitress came to our table, placing our food on the table.

Yoongi thanked the waitress, earning a sweet smile from her.

My phone vibrated, signalling a new message. I grabbed my phone, and saw that it's a text message from Jungkook.

jeon jungkook: hey

eunyeon: hey, what's up

jeon jungkook: nothing, i'm on my way back to Seoul

eunyeon: oh, really?? that's great! we can hang out together then

jeon jungkook: yeah

jeon jungkook: what are you doing?

eunyeon: i went out with yoongi for a grocery shopping, now we're at a restaurant, having lunch

jeon jungkook: eunyeon-ssi, i need to go now. i'm getting off right now

jeon jungkook: anyway, let's have dinner tonight. ask yoongi hyung to come too

eunyeon: sure, i'll tell him later

eunyeon: see you later!

jeon jungkook: see you later, take care

I locked my phone screen after leaving Jungkook's message on seen, and went back to eating.

"Who was that?", Yoongi asked, munching on his lamb skewers.

He handed me a piece of lamb skewers, as I thanked him.

"Thanks,"

"You should eat more," he said.

"By the way, that was Jungkook. He's back in Seoul today,"

I looked up to my brother, and he had a teasing smile on his face.

"Ooh, your boyfriend just texted you~", he cooed annoyingly.

"Oh, shut up. He's inviting us both to a dinner tonight,"

"Oh, that's great. Let's get you a new dress," he spoke with his mouth full.

"You do know I hate wearing dresses, right?"

"Fine, let's get you a new top then. Specially to welcome your boyfriend,"

"Yoongi, for god's sake, he's not my boyfriend!", I pouted.

"Well, not yet."

After having our lunch, Yoongi dragged me to Uniqlo, looking for any eye catching tops.

"Eunyeon-ah, look at this.", he said as I walked towards him and looked at the top he's holding.

It is a plain white long sleeve sweatshirt, with the word 'swag' printed on it in black.

"Hm, not bad. I'll try this on," I said, grabbing the shirt and went to the fitting room to get change.

Not long after, Yoongi knocked on the door, "Are you done?"

"Wait a minute,"

I slipped into the white sweatshirt, and came out of the fitting room.

Yoongi eyed me from head to toe, before nodding, "This is fine, or do you want to try on some other clothes?"

"No, let's just take this one.", I said, as he nodded.

I went back into the fitting room, changing back into my clothes.

I walked out of the fitting room as we made our way towards the cashier.

Yoongi paid for my sweatshirt, as we both headed home directly.

Yoongi typed in the password to my apartment, as we both walked in.

Yoongi put the grocery bags onto the counter, while I put my shopping bag onto the couch.

"I'm going to shower,"

"Alright,"

All of a sudden, my ringtone came off again, as I picked up the call, knowing it's Jungkook who just called me.

"Hello,"

"Is this Jeon Jungkook's relative?", I furrowed my eyebrows at the unfamiliar female voice.

"No, but he's my friend.", I answered calmly.

"We're from Geumdo hospital,"

"H-hospital??"

"We want to inform you that your friend Jeon Jungkook just involved in an accident,"

"W-what..?"