Chapter-4

With a bag hanging across my right shoulder, I walked down the paved path in between the green lawns outside her hostel

I am happy that I got a chance to live in such a surrounding for few years.when I reached near my college block,my anxiety increased.
Right in front of me stood the college in all its Red brick glory..

Right in the centre of campus area was an open amphitheatre,in front of the admin block,was the venue for the first year students to gather.A lady,principal was standing along with all staff of lecturers and teachers.
Principal came nearer to the mike and started her speech with  a welcome note for everyone, she kept talking about the History and Achievements of (JNU) college.
"I want you all to keep the tradition of nurturing intelligent minds and want you all to shape them into bright individuals."

After hearing all do's and don'ts, all rules and regulations of this college.Few confident girls and boys also took the opportunity to speak about their leaderships.

When it comes to style and fashion,Clearly the Delhi girls stole the show.Their shorts ruled,shorter their attire,the more attention they grabbed. A girl who was sitting near me was wearing a pair a sunglasses perched on her nose,a sling bag with a thin strap hung across her right shoulder,big earrings, and a smartphone in her hand--the typical delhi girl was a head turner.

The moment the welcome speech was over, I stood up and was about to leave a voice came from the speakers"So boys and girls from first year batches this flash -mob is a first day gift for you all. So do e-n-j-o-y"and the voice signed off in style.

At that note music,blasted from the speakers and everbody started to dance.
Loud screams and whistles filled the atmosphere.The whole day went like that.
It had indeed been a great start for the first year!

I went out on the lawn area in front of hostel,the one that was visible from her room's window.In one of the corners of the road , I dig out some earth, soon my hands turned soiled and dirt clung to the end of my denim jeans.The atmosphere was peaceful in the garden area in front girl's hostel.
I was completely unaware of my surroundings, suddenly a jeep came roaring and abruptly came to a halt on the road, right in front of me.

"Oh!! Madam marne ke liye yahi jagah mili hai kya?" Both the guys from the front seat got out of the vehicle and walked towards me.

"Ahm................actually......I was...."

"Jab hindi bhaasa, main sawaal kiya hai maine..toh hindi main uttar nahi de sakti aap?"
[When I have asked you a question in hindi,Can't you respond it in hindi?]

"Ji hume maaf kijiye humara dhyan nahi  tha."
[Please,forgive me,I was unaware.]
Hearing that they bursted into laughter.

"So,tell us why were you digging?" The guy with the beard asked me.

"Sha...aa...aaa...shall I answer in English or...in....in hindi?" This led to another bout of laughter amongst the gang.

"Aahh...I wanted to plant a rose sapling here."
The bearded guy raised his hand ,gesturing to three of them to stop.
"Don't we have enough plants, already in our college and hostel?"

"No, it's not like that, Today is my first day in this college, so is this plant's. For the next few years, as I will grow here, I really want to see this plant growing. After few years when I will leave from here, this plant will continue to be her, Even when I am gone."

When I raise my eyes to look up to see the face of the guy who stood there and stared deep into my eyes.His dark eyes were searching something into mine, all of a sudden he simply walked back into the jeep and started his ignition.Unable to understand his state of mind, his friends also sat back into that vehicle.And in no time, the jeep left.

Exhaling a long deep sigh, I went back to that sapling.I started to sing again
"ki kore toke bolbo, tui ke amar, Aayna sothe cholbo,Shob parapar..
Moneri ashkarate, tor kache elam, Hariye gelam.."

*****************************************
IF you liked this chapter..then don't forget to appreciate guys..lolz

Vote, Comment and leave a made-me-feel-good text for me..lolz

#lovelove

~~~~~~~yours annoying Jayshree❤❤