Without regret

"W-what?"

••••••••••••••••••••••

"Why would you date him again after what he had did to you? He cheated on you more than once, more than twice, he slept with other girls, more than once, he almost got you raped because of that, he changed you Adalynn." He had then raised his voice a little. For some reason I knew this was going to happen.

"Its not your say who and who I don't date." I stood up crossing my arms.

"Adalynn, I love you, thats Why I care." He stood up.

"Shawn, Im sorry, I love you too, but Hayes and I are a different love than you and I." I then felt tears slowly fall from my face. "Please don't do this." He cried. "Shawn, I want to be with Hayes. And besides, your becoming famous, I wont get to see you while your on tour. It just wouldn't have ever worked." I squinted my eyes turning around to hold back the tears.

"So all the years, our past, what we had, It meant nothing to you?!" He yelled.

I turned around. "Are you serious?! Of course it meant something to me, It always has an it always will. I just have never been in this position before. Your leaving, Hayes isn't. Back then, when I was around you, I forgot about Hayes. Now, when I'm with you, he's all I think about." My voice gradually got softer.

We stayed in silence for a couple of minutes. He looked at me with watery eyes. I honestly felt horrible.

"Im going home." I turned around and walked up the beach.

"Adalynn wait!" he screamed. I wasn't fast enough for him. He grabbed my arm and spun me back around. "Let me take you home." He tried to calm everything down. I jerked away and yelled, "no." I then crossed my arms. "I know my way from here. Just please leave me be." My voice had gotten softer and not in a yelling tone.

I turned around walking back to my house without looking back, or regretting.