“To get away from you,” I snapped and a couple of emotions flashed in his eyes before he blinked them away leaving them blank again.

“I’m not talking about New York; I’m talking about you, a conglomerate’s wife waiting tables of a hotel her husband owns. Tell me why you’re doing this?” he stated clearly looking annoyed with my behavior.

“I just wanna be normal,” I muttered staring at my boyfriend jeans and black leather heeled boots.

“But you aren’t normal,” he responded his eyes looking so sincere and I scoffed to ruin the moment. I was feeling things around him, things I didn’t want to feel.

“Why did you ask me to your office Mr Marcel?” I questioned with a business tone and a blank expression.

“I don’t want you working as a waitress so I’m making you my assistant.”

I rolled my eyes as I stared into his cold eyes that looked like they could make it snow.

“Don’t you already have one of those?”

“I do, you’ll just help around. I can’t stand the disgrace you’re bringing to my name.”

I scoffed getting angry and annoyed. “I’m Alex Klein here not Grace Marcel. No one’s name is being disgraced.”

“Your attempt to go undercover is hopeless; anyone can see through those fake glasses and dyed hair.”

I glared at him while he glared back. Clearly we’d both gained some attitude on break.  

“Why are you so mean?” I finally asked him when I’d lost the glare battle.

“Don’t take it personal Gigi, that’s how I am. I just never showed you this side of me.”

At his words I didn’t know how to feel or react so I just bit my lip and nodded.

“What should I do for you Mr Marcel?” I finally asked when I could say something.

“Get me a coffee,” he said looking at his work not bothering to acknowledge me and I just balled my hands into fists trying to contain my anger. I hated this, all of it. And just like that my attempt at being normal went down the drain.

The rest of the day was spent with me doing menial tasks like getting coffee and sorting files in alphabetical order, files I did not even know what they were about but no Mia, Luca’s assistant also known as my senior, kept demanding I ‘file everything alphabetically!’. I hated that woman with a passion, she was my new enemy.

I was packing up to go along with Mia who seemed like she didn’t want me to go home when my phone started ringing. 

“Hey Owen,” I greeted him with a genuine smile something I hadn’t done all day.

“Diana and I are waiting for you out,” he said and I nodded before hurrying out completely ignoring Luca who was still in his office. We’d meet at the apartment.

“I could kill someone,” I muttered through gritted teeth as soon as I got into the Owen’s car. Diana was sitted in the back playing on her phone probably playing candy crush; she was a master and an addict at it. I didn’t blame her though, that game was addictive.

“What happened?” Owen asked with a chuckle and I narrated what’d happened leaving out the fact that I was living under a fake identity.

“Don’t worry baby girl. You’ll show that dick boss and stuck up senior assistant what you’re made off, okay?” Diana said seriously after I finished and I laughed before nodding.

“I’m gonna kick ass,” I replied making Owen and Diana laugh with me.

I smiled to myself as I looked at my two best friends, it was funny saying best friends, I’d missed that, having friends. This time I wasn’t going to lose them, I’d kill whoever got in our way of being friends.

We joked around as we drove around the city and ate pizza, a lot of pizza, we dropped Diana at her place before we drove to mine.

“I’ve been wondering how you live in such an expensive apartment and yet you’re just a waitress.”

I glared at Owen annoyed at how he called me just a waitress.

“See you tomorrow Owen,” I said getting out of his car and I slammed the door while he tried to apologize but I ignored him. I hated people who looked down on others. Just because he was a business man didn’t mean he could go around looking down on just anyone. As soon as I got into the apartment which was at around 1 am I noticed Luca was on his laptop probably waiting up.

“Hey,” he mumbled looking up and I waved before taking a seat on the couch beside him.

“What’s wrong?” he asked and I shrugged before lying down facing the ceiling.

He didn’t press any further and I was grateful for that. Slowly my eyes started to get droopy and eventually I fell asleep.

***
“Why aren’t you eating?” Luca asked me as I continued glaring at my plate.

“This is why I’m not eating,” I snapped lifting up my burnt toast and burnt bacon.

“Why did you even bother cooking if you knew you were going to burn it all? Here’s a tip, get cooking lessons!” I yelled feeling annoyed and throwing my food into the bin.

He glared at me and I rolled my eyes before taking my bag and car keys.

“Aren’t we going together?” he asked as I was heading out to leave.

“It’s inappropriate,” I replied before running out.

The reason I was so mad was because that idiot Luca had left me sleeping on the couch and I’d woken up freezing. I was beyond furious; I just wanted to kill him. Within thirty minutes I’d arrived at work and I parked my mini cooper before heading to my desk that was right beside Mia’s except it was smaller than hers. This was going to be a long day I thought as I sat down with a loud sigh. 

The week went by pretty quickly and I was killing it according to Diana, I’d left Mia wide eyed after I said things I don’t wish to repeat. Luca had apologized and I just raised my middle finger in his face with a glare. We hadn’t talked after that and I was grateful. I hated that being so much and it scared me how I was so bitter and why.

It was finally Friday and all I wanted was to sleep until Monday. I was so tired, Mia overworked me but I was too proud to ask Luca to talk to her. With droopy eyes I barged into Owen’s apartment where I wanted to take a file I’d forgotten.

“Owen you home?” I called as I looked around for him pushing my hair out of my face and taking off my glasses.

“In the kitchen.” I trudged towards the kitchen grumpily and to say I was shocked when I reached the kitchen would be an understatement.

Luca fucking Marcel was in my kitchen and he was sitting on the kitchen counter chairs watching Owen attentively who seemed to be cooking. Holy shit!!!

Pretty please:
Vote!!
Comment!!
Share!!
Follow!!

😘