Chapter 32 - One time in an alleyway...

Start from the beginning

Bon-appetite.

I walked down the bland halls of the lab for a couple of minutes before I felt a hand grasp my shoulder. I whirled around and I raised my other arm ready to attack. You can never be too careful in a felicity that deals with evil metahumans.

"Heyy!!!! Willow! It's me," he yelled and raised his hands over his face to block my fist.

"Dibny! What's your problem!"

"What's YOUR problem!"

"Nothing! Is it a problem that I tried to defend myself?"

"Well, What would've happened if I didn't raise my arms?"

"Then I would've socked you in the jaw."

"Why do you seem so chill with that?"

"Cause," I smiled and lowered my voice, "I think it would've felt great."

"Ouch, that hearts right here," he pointed to the right side of his chest.

"Your lung?"

"What-" he looked down, "My heart!"

"Wrong side pal."

"How am I supposed to know that? I'm not a doctor."

I paused out of utter embarrassment/disappointment and tried to pretend he hadn't said anything at all.

Spoiler alert, I couldn't.

"How?-" I stopped and tried to phrase my sentence properly.

"Did you even-" I stopped again.

There was no nice or sugar-coated way of telling him what I wanted to say.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes, "You know what, I'm just gonna pretend that didn't happen. Why are you here?" I asked.

"A guy can't follow his girlfriend down the hall?"

"Actually that sounds very creepy-"

"I wanted to tell you that you did the right thing and that... that I'm proud of you," he said lightly cutting me off and I turned to face him.

I quirked my head and turned to him, "Thanks Dibny," I smiled.

"You know, you were the one who gave me the boost to do it," I added.

"I figured," he stated.

"wow, cocky much."

"Hey, I knew what I was doing," he smirked.

We walked into the elevator and I selected the level I was going to. As the doors closed something clicked in my head and my jaw dropped, "Wow..." I awed. He guilt tripped me so hard!

"You took advantage of disabled and dying women."

"You weren't dying..."

"I can't believe you!" I exclaimed and hit his shoulder.

"Something's not right in your head!" I added.

"The past is the past. You're here now and not hiding any more secrets. That's what matters."

"Hey! Don't try and change the subject!"

"I'm not!" He argued and the metal doors opened and we stepped out and continued down the hall.

He paused, "I'm just reminding you of what good came out of it..."

I shook my head and rolled my eyes.
Then, I noticed the door to the speed lab approaching and I halted in my tracks. Ralph noticed and stood in front of me.
"It's not gonna be that bad, it's Barry. He's not gonna throw a fit."