Chapter 11 - Not Very Lucky

I woke up with a groaning, feeling my head pond and throb.

"Aghhhhh...." I moaned rolling out of bed. "Why me...." I whimpered.

I stumbled towards the kitchen and chugged a glass of water. Then I leaned against the fridge and rubbed my forehead.

"This is why I don't drink," I sighed to myself and looked down. In the corner of my eye, I saw a letter sitting on the counter.

"Oh right," I thought and swayed towards to envelop snatching it. I staggered to the couch and slumped into the soft cushions sighing. I fiddled with the letter for a while trying to open it in my befuddled state. I looked at the front of the letter and read whom it was from... Iris... and Barry? I hastily tore off the top of the letter and read the front of the card beaming.

We would be honoured if you would join us as Barry Allen and Iris West join in marriage together on November 27.

I assumed Barry had come back from Canada already and they decided to throw the wedding back on. I couldn't keep the smile off my face no matter how much I was mad at Iris, we had been talking about this day since we were ten. I always knew deep down that Iris and Barry would get together, even though it was a little weird that they were technology siblings.

I picked up my phone debating to call Iris and congratulate her, I slowly put the phone down sighing. I just couldn't talk to her right now, not until she told me the truth, the real truth.

When I finally got dressed, cleaned up and threw on a pair of sunglasses it was already afternoon. I took a stroll towards the bank mumbling to myself the chores of Hello By Adele. I caught my reflection on the glass of one of the buildings and I almost shrieked in shock as I slipped on a banana peel. It was just laying in the middle of the sidewalk.

"Where in the world did that come from!" I shouted in dismay staring at the leftover on the sidewalk.

A shorter girl in a red dress stepped over me and kept walking opening the doors to the bank. I felt a tingle and I watched as my reflection morphed into hers.

But I didn't do that. It was like my powers malfunctioned. I knew I could control the appearance of things, apparently, I could also control my own. I was about to turn my fingers to restore my previous reflection when a baring alarm sounded from the bank causing me to flinch.

The lady with the red dress strolled out of the bank with two bags of cash in her hand.

"Aw, you waited for me." She squealed and started to get in the cab.

"Hey!" I yelled walking towards her. Did she just rob a bank and no one noticed!?! I looked around and inside the bank there was complete and utter chaos.

"Did you see who came in?!" One woman asked

"How did that even happen!"

"Our boss is going to kill us." Another wined.

She stood outside the cab staring at me in shock. "How did you just do that," I asked pointing towards the bank.

She huffed and got in the car the driver not even noticing the crime outside. Then I realized it, she was the girl from the bus, she was like me. If I remember she was the one who had terrible luck.

"Hey wait!" I yelled running up to the car that was starting to pull away. "I can help you! I think you're like me-"

"That's her!" I turned around and saw a security guard pointing his finger at me. I felt my hands tingle and she rolled down her window. She had a different face though, she had my face! I couldn't have done that! It's like she was somehow causing these little misfortunes to happen!

"Yes! I saw her run out!" She lied and rolled up the window and drove away.

"No, no it's not me it's her!" I defended pointing at the retreating car.

A man walked forward and pulled out a screen playing the security tape of her walking in and grabbing the cash.

"See-" I started to say.

"Ma'am put your hands where I can see them!" He ordered.

I stared at the taxi that just turned around the corner, never to be seen again, she got away with it. This was all wrong, I must have the worst luck in the world for this to be happening to me. I felt another tingle and I looked at my reflection praying it didn't change... if it did the whole world would know about my abilities. The glass window reflected with her face and I sighed of relief, it was her illusion that fell. I heard police cars approaching and I remembered my current situation. I had to drop this disguise without anyone noticing.

Here goes nothing.

I sprinted backwards hearing the security guards yell and follow.

"Suspect avoiding arrest and is on foot.." I heard him inform his intercom. I continued sprinting looking for a back alleyway or somewhere to hide. I could still hear the men running behind me so that meant I wasn't gonna be out of sight anytime soon. Think, think, think Willow! I turned a corner and twisted my hand causing a 'bus' to crash into the intersection blocking the sidewalk and the men.

I dashed into the nearest alleyway and hid behind a trash bin. Before I could change back I remembered the situation at that corner, shoot. I quickly ran out of the alleyway and I twisted my hand to make the illusion that the bus exploded. That would get rid of the evidence of there being an illusion. Everyone gasped and screamed distracted by the sight and I ducked back behind the dumpster. I was about to twist my hand to reform my appearance when the worst possible thing to happen today happened.

"I know you're here Becky!" A vibrated voice called. I took out my phone and used it as a mirror to see who it was... It was The Flash. I quickly pulled my arm back in and sighed. IT was the flipping FLASH, and he thought I was the girl who robbed the bank!

"Flash," I police officer shouted. "Is the suspect here?"

I turned my hand and changed my appearance while he was busy talking with the man. If I came out now they would be suspicious. With my powers, I created Becky further down the alleyway then made her start running away. I felt the gush of air fly pash me and I got out of my hiding spot with my hood up and walked out of the alley drawing as little attention as possible.

"Hey, you!" The man called from behind me. I was already a few meters away from the back lane and I could probably just run without them catching up. I turned around not wanting to cause a scene.

"Yes?"

"Did you see anyone in that alley?"

"No, good day officer." I smiled and ended the conversation and kept walking down the sidewalk.

"Uh, you as well Ms." He responded. I had been walking for a couple minutes and turned around letting out a heavy sigh, no one was following me. That was a close call.

-----------------------------