Chapter 26 - Shrimp? I hate it

Of course Barry was wrong. Who would've ever thought in their right mind that Clifford DeVoe is his arch nemesis? No one. When they knocked on the door his wife answered and was in terror at the thought of her husband being taken away by the cops. He rolled up in a wheelchair to greet them, invited them in to have lemonade and tried to help with their case. Cisco's vibe had to be completely off, simple as that.

Unfortunately for all of Team Flash, Barry was hellbent that this was the DeVoe we were looking for. "Barry I honestly don't think that this macaroni loving, shy college professor is an evil mastermind," I urge.

"Your opinion is bias," he retorts and I scoff, he presses on, "and guys, this isn't the first time somebody played nice then turned out to be our bad guy." When the group surrounding him didn't respond he sighed and continued, "The Council of Wells gave us his name, Cisco vibed through Willow and confirmed it."

"They gave us one name out of-" Iris started.

Barry cut in and looked at Joe, "-eleven hundred."

"Eleven hundred and twenty-two to be precise," Harry abruptly cut Barry off. Why can't people here just let others finish their sentences!

"He was off by twenty-two," Barry stated, "isn't that a little suspicious?" Apparently, at the house, Clifford knew how many Devoes there were.

"He could've, you know, googled himself?" I guessed and Cisco nodded towards me.

"I'm just saying there's something weird about this guy... He likes samurai!" He tried to convince.

"Who doesn't?" Cisco stated and I chuckled, "have you seen 'Zatoichi'-"

"The blind swordsman," him and Harry said simultaneously then their hands snapped towards each other, I would assume they just found some new respect in their friendship. "Best criterion collection,"

"Great box set," Harry joined in.

"Ever-" Cisco decided still on the fact that himself and Harry were part of the same fandom.

"Okay guys think about this: if you are right DeVoe managed to pinpoint the location I would come out of the speed force, even you couldn't do that," Barry strengthened his point.

"You do have a point," Cisco agreed.

"Okay, let's cover all our bases," Caitlyn joined in.

"Agreed."

"Okay, Cisco, Harry you want to see what kind of digital footprint you can find on this guy? Caitlyn, Willow you got friends at CCU, let's see what type of person we're dealing with. Dad CCPD background check?" Iris ordered and we were dismissed from the room. I don't even know why I'm working with Caitlyn, I already know what type of person we are dealing with.

"Listen, Caitlyn, I actually have a class to get to today okay? I'll see what I can find out from there," I informed and she nodded and smiled.

"It's alright, you still need a ride?"

"Uh, for sure."

-----------------------

Throughout the entire session, I couldn't help but stare at him as he elaborated his thoughts to the class. Rows upon rows of students sitting and taking notes, I couldn't even remember the last thing he said. All I could think about was the evidence Allen provided at Team Flashes meeting, it cycled around and around my head like a hamster running on a wheel. I mentally hit myself when I heard him mention the mid-term paper, how could I have time for that, I'm part of a crime-fighting metahuman team. I swear the rest of my life is going to be stuffed till I explode.