32

"We all got the plan?" Connor said as he watched over everyone. Gavin and Hank were yawning and they could barely keep their eyes open. "Can't we just.. do this tomorrow?" Gavin asked tiredly. "No, Detective. This is our only chance. Now wake your tiny ass up!" The androids on the other hand seemed lively as usual. "Fuuuck youuu!" He mumbled. "Alright, I'm going over to Hank's place to pick up the key. Lieutenant, you know the address. Wait for me when you get there and don't do anything stupid." Connor gave Gavin a side glance then placed his hand on the wall, causing the sliding door to open.
-
"Can't believe Connor made us all ride in the same fucking car.." Gavin whined as he was forced up against Nines's broad shoulder. "Quit complaining!" Hank barked back in the drivers seat. Markus knew Simon would feel uncomfortable in the back seat next to Gavin (since he was in the middle) so Markus sat in the back instead. Leaving Simon in the passenger's side. "Are we almost there?!" Hank groaned and didn't reply. "We get there when we get there, now can you shut the fuck up!" Gavin went to lift up his middle in front of the rear view mirror so Hank could see, but was abruptly stopped by Nines forcing his hand down. Markus knew this was going to be a long ride. Because of this, he would occasionally look over at Simon. Every time, he would be staring out of the window with an intense look on his face.

He was nervous. They were all nervous, even though they didn't show it, Markus could tell. But who wouldn't be? They were about to break into someone's property illegally. So many things could go wrong, but for Markus, it was a chance he was willing to take. But after awhile of sitting in a moving car, Hank took a turn into an isolated road. A couple miles in, Hank makes another turn and they eventually pull up into a big, two story house. He parks the car and turns off the ignition. He takes the keys out and turns his attention to the back seat. "When Connor gets here, we're getting out of the car. Do not make a single sound. Is that clear?" We all nod in sync. He then brings hit wrist up to his lips. "Connor, how's it going over there?"

"Well the key is here, so that's good." Hank sighs. "But?.." It takes a second for Connor to reply. "Is this a good idea, Lieutenant?"  Conner sounded doubtful. "Honestly kid, no. But there's no going back now, so just get over here so we can arrest this guy." Connor chuckled softly. "Right away, Lieutenant." Another couple of minutes pass before they saw headlights get closer behind them. Connor pulls up in a self driving car. He steps out and the car drives away. He walks up to Hank's car. "Can we get out now?" Gavin asked annoyed. "Stay inside until I say so." Hank advised as he proceeded to exit the car, shutting the door gently. Markus couldn't really make out what they were saying, but after a couple seconds he waves his arms and they took that as a signal to get out.

"Fuckin' finally." Gavin murmured. As they got out, Hank put his finger up to his mouth. "I'm fucking quiet!" Gavin hissed in a whisper tone. They all huddled up together. "Is he in there?" Hank asked. Connor looked over to the house. He didn't say or do anything for a good five seconds. "He's in there, I just don't know where.." Everyone stayed silent. "Okay guys, We split into three. Like I said before; Gavin, you're with Nines. Hank, you're with me. Simon, you're with Markus. Remember the plan, Hank and I will unlock one of the side doors then go through and unlock the doors for you guys to get inside. Also, be careful. Alright?.. Alright. Are we ready?" None of them responded. "Good. Let's go." Connor then took Hank's arm and began tiptoeing to the side of this mansion. Gavin and Nines did the same for the other side. Markus and Simon were assigned for the back exit, so they began making their way to the back of the house as quietly as possible. It took a good minute, but when they finally got there, they walked up the porch and waited.

"Markus.. This is crazy. What if we get caught? What if he knows were here already? What if-"

"Simon!.. I know you're scared, I'm scared too. But we have to do this." Markus said as he gripped Simon's shoulders tightly. "This is very risky, so listen carefully.. if something happens to me.. run. Don't try and save me. Save yourself. It's not worth both of us to risk losing our lives." Markus wasn't going crazy, he couldn't be. But he thought he was when he saw tears forming in Simon's eyes. "Markus?.-"

"When we get in there, we won't be able to talk. I won't be able to say anything. So in case things take a turn.." Markus paused, taking in the beauty that was Simon for a last time before they went in. He slid his hands upwards to Simon's neck, pushing his face closer to his. "I want you to know, that I-"
Suddenly the back door opened slowly, leaving time for Markus to retort his position. Connor poked his head out. "Come on, guys." He whispered. Markus took one last look at Simon's petrified face, before he headed inside. When both of them were in, Markus closed the door making sure it was still unlocked in case they needed an exit. He turned around and took in his surroundings. Markus thought it was beautiful. The classical colors and the fireplace built into the wall made the house feel cozy. Although he didn't come here to feel comfortable, he had something to do so he didn't let it distract him.

"I sent Gavin and Nines to check the basement, We're gonna check the upstairs. We can cover the ground quicker since there are 4 of us." Connor had sent an internal message to Simon and Markus. He nodded to check if we understood and we nodded back. He then began to tiptoe up the stairs, Hank was right behind him and Simon and Markus were last. Markus could swear he heard singing. It was very muffled so he couldn't be sure. As they went farther up, and up, Markus noticed he wasn't the only one who heard it.

"Nezbit! Go get me my dinner!" They all looked at one another in terror. "Right away, Zlatko." The voice sounded too monotoned to be a deviant. They had all realized that they had been frozen, and this was the moment that could make or break them.
____________________________________
So i went back to the first chapter of this book and like edited it so now its like completey different and not criiiingey so check that out if ya want

I'll probably go back and fix the others when I complete this book, which will be soon😉
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!💕❤️💖💞💘❤️