17

The walk was silent considering Simon didn't know where Markus was taking him. He wanted to ask but he figured he would find out soon enough. A couple minutes later they got to were Markus was leading him. The Detroit precinct. Markus knew that Connor would be able to help or at least offer a hand. Markus stopped at the entrance. "Wait out here, I won't be long." He didn't even make it inside before Simon protested. "No! I'm coming too." He walked past Markus. Great. Simon is mad at me, just what I needed right now.. Markus entered soon afterward.

Once they were inside and through the gate, Markus scanned the office, he found Connor and Hank doing paperwork at their desk, it seemed that Connor had already finished and was trying to make conversation with the lieutenant. Markus sped walk to him with Simon trailing behind, receiving looks in the process. "Connor, I need to talk to you. This is serious." Connor looked up in surprise. "What is it Markus-" Simon was standing behind Markus as to not interrupt, but Connor noticed him. "And Simon.." Connor got up out of his seat. "Follow me, I'll be back shortly lieutenant."

Connor led Markus and Simon to the back alley just outside of the office. Markus turned to Simon. "Please, please,can you wait here. I just need to talk with Connor." Markus said low enough so Connor couldn't hear. (He could still hear though) Simon looked at the ground. "5 minutes." Simon then walked away. Markus turned back around to Connor. "So what seems to be the problem?"

"I know this may sound crazy but I think that Simon and I are being targeted." Connor stared at Markus. "Why do you think that?"

"When I activated this morning, my chest cavity was opened, all the wires that should've been inside of me were out and I think that someone was tampering with my system."

"Was anything damaged?" Markus looked through his files to try and find the damaged biocomponent. "HMV24, that's the damaged biocomponent." Connor thought for a good second. "Do you have any idea of who could've done this or wanted to do this?" Markus shook his head. "Why do you think someone was tampering with your system? Maybe you did it when you were in standby."

"No, I know someone did this," Connor lifted an eyebrow. "I don't know Markus.."

"The same thing happened with Simon! I know this wasn't our own faults Connor!" He took a deep sigh "I need to examine your chest cavity before we can start any serious investigation, it may give me an idea of what someone was trying to do."

Markus suddenly felt relieved. "Thank you, Connor."
"Markus! It's been 5 minutes!" Markus smiled. "Gotta go!" He started jogging toward Simon. Connor smiled softly. When Markus finally caught up with Simon he began to explain everything, what he though was happening and what was going to happen. "I'm sorry Markus." Simon had a guilty expression, Markus didn't like seeing Simon like that, he didn't like seeing anyone like that. "It's okay Simon, I should've warned you, it's just I was stressed out and worried that if I didn't tell Connor something bad could've happened to both of us." Simon gave Markus a look of sincerity. "I guess I was being a little over dramatic." Simon frowned. "A little?" He said with his hands on his hips.

"Okay fine, I was being over dramatic, but can you blame me?" Just then Markus heard a voice in his head. It was Connor's. "Meet me in the interrogation room in a couple of minutes, I'll check your cavity there."

"Um- Simon? Are you sure you still want to be here? I mean I'm not leaving for another hour." Simon placed his hand on Markus' shoulder. "I think I'll be fine Markus. Besides you already dragged me all the way here, what's the point of going back?" Simon had a point and Markus knew it.

They both headed back inside, Markus told Simon to wait in the break room while Connor checked up on Markus. He was hesitant at first but soon complied. When Markus entered he found Connor sorting out files on the table. "Ah! Markus" he took the box that was once on the table and placed it on floor. "I was just sorting out some cases." He patted on the table motioning for me to sit on it. I did and Connor took a chair and placed it in front of me while also sitting. "Lift your shirt for me." He said with pliers in his mouth. I lifted my shirt as much as I needed and stared off into space, not thinking about anything in particular.

I didn't really know what Connor was doing, hopefully nothing bad. "Weird.." Connor said poking different wires. "What? What is it?"

"Well, I don't know if this was intentional but whoever was tampering with your system was getting extremely close to one specific biocomponent." He took the damaged part and started pulling on it. "That being..?" He stopped and looked up at me. "The biocomponent that turned you deviant. Basically acts as your subconscious, tells you what to feel and how to feel." He continued to pull on the wire. I was so confused at that moment that I could t think straight and by the time I could, Connor had repaired my damaged wire. "You're all fixed, now you mentioned that someone was also tampering with Simon's system, right?" I nodded as I pulled my shirt down.

"Well I'll also have to take a look at him if you don't mind." He said if I didn't mind. I do mind. I don't think Simon would be too thrilled to find out his insides have to be inspected. "I'll go get him." I get off the table and exit the interrogation room, heading toward the break room. When I get there, I see Simon leaning on the small round table in the middle of the room, looking up at the tv. "Simon, um- Connor needs to see you.." he turns his head, cocking it to the side. Realization soon hits him as he nods sheepishly.

——————————————————-
Ok so I randomly got a burst of inspo to finish this so here ya go my lovelies. Idk when the next part will be out though so don't wait too long💖💖❤️❤️💖(apologies for typos)