07

+ A Dark Night +

++

++

"In these last hazy days of summer, a few simple tips to beat the heat..."

Valerie woke up that morning quite early, a little early for her liking. She wanted to explore the city a little bit and so she headed out for a quick job. Grabbing the essentials, she headed out the apartment.
"Shit, this heat is no joke", she mumbled to herself. After taking a few minutes to pick her play-list she was off.

"One – drink plenty of fluids. Two – stay out of the sun. Three – limit all physical activity, that is within reason."

After about twenty minutes into her job, she came at a stop in front of the East River. She took in the scenery, taking a seat alongside the banks. Suddenly, her phone rang, looking at the caller id she answered.
"What's up Rich", she answered while taking a sip of water. "Where are you?", he questioned, "I'm hungry".
She sighed, "Really, you have two arms – you can cook for yourself". Richard on the other side chuckled, "I know but you cook better". Valerie laughed, "I'll be there shortly. I went out for a jog". Richard paused, "a jog – I don't want to see you later stuffing your face with sweets watching the Bachelor". Valerie hung up the call and headed home.

"and if the heat is still too much, there's always a cold shower."

As Valerie was getting close to her apartment, her phone rang once more but this time it was from an unknown caller. She hesitantly picked up, "Hello?".
Silence.
"Hello?", she asked again.
"How are you doing Val?", a voice questioned her from the other end.
The voice sounded familiar.
"Who are you?", she told the voice, "try to freshen my memory".
The voice laughed, "allow me to freshen other things".
At that moment, she was able to pinpoint the voice, "Charles?".
"What do you want your prize to be", Chuck questioned her, " I can think of many things".
Valerie smirked, " how did you get my number?"
Chuck spoke, "Valerie dear, I have my ways. I'm Chuck Bass".
Pushing the door to her building, Valerie answered, "look as much as I want to spend my whole day talking to you, I'm all sweaty and I would like a cold shower".
Chuck sighed, " am I turning you on that much that you have to shower?".
"Goodbye Charles", she uttered as she headed into her apartment.
Richard sitting on the sofa exclaimed, "Finally, I'm starving!".

After breakfast, Valerie was in her room when she felt the vibration of her phone. It was Serena.
"Serena, hello", she answered. After a couple minutes of talking, Serena asked.
"What are you doing later this evening?", Valerie twirled her hair and thought.
Shaking her head, "Nothing, maybe watching some movies and eating a pint of ice cream".
Serena laughed, "well Blair told me to ask you if you wanted to come to a party later this evening".
"Is Chuck going to be there?", she questioned.
"Chuck?", Serena asked, "what's going on with you both?".
Valerie paused, " Nothing. Well not now".
Serena suppressed a sound, "I don't think so he hasn't been feeling himself".
"Then I'll be there", Valerie spoke, "I'll take my brother – he'll be my plus one".
Serena exclaimed, "okay, no problem. I'll text you the address and I'll see you later V".
"See ya".

Without Valerie knowing, Chuck was next to Serena with the call on speaker, Chuck smirking said to Serena; "you are officially my wing step sister".

Chuck left Serena's side and walked off to get ready for the evening.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + 
A/N:

Another chapter for you lovely folk. Next part is going to be steamy so be ready.
I'll probably post it tmrw so stay tuned.
What should Chuck and Valerie's ship name be?
Leave your opinions in the comments!
xx