39

** VOTES AND COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED **

◾◾◾◾

◾◾◾◾

◾◾◾◾

In a blink of an eye, this year came and went for the Carringtons. So much has happened for Valerie in particular, and at the very moment everything felt like it was ending.

Liam and Valerie were taking a walk down at Central Park. Liam knew that Valerie didn't seem like she wanted to change her life from one night to the next.

Liam stopped and sat on a bench as people walked by.

"Tell me the truth", Liam muttered gaining a questioning expression from Valerie.

"What do you mean?", she replied.

He sighed, "you haven't been the same since that outing you took with your friends a couple weeks back".

How could she forget, it was the day she greatly wanted to forget.

"I'm fine", she smiled but it didn't full show, "I'm happy".

Liam knew her, a little too much for his liking.

"Are you committed to come live with me next fall?", he questioned.

She looked at him, but flashes of him glimmered.

"Ye-", she stuttered, "Yes, totally".

Liam knew her real answer.

"Look Val", he sighed, " I know your heart doesn't belong to me", her face changed, " and I'm not mad – how can I ", she sadly smiled, " you're the strongest, astounding, and remarkable person I've met", he smiled, " and you should give your heart to someone who parallels you in all aspects, someone you love".

Valerie's eyes watered, "I'm trying - desperately to let him know that this is right – ".

He placed his hand over hers, "I know how we men act, and he's doing it because he feels he doesn't deserve you", he paused, "but you're the one he's missing".

"Liam – ".

"Let's just enjoy the remaining of today", he voiced, "and tomorrow I'll be cheering for you at your graduation as a friend", he moved towards her - - hugging her.

"Like everything on the upper east side, high school graduation is done a little differently. Who needs pomp and circumstance when you have paparazzi?".

The morning of graduation; Blair, Valerie and Serena were having a quick meal before the ceremony.

Sighing, Serena turned around from the girl holding the newspaper; "Ever since 'Gossip Girl' broke my arrest, it has been everywhere. Do you know Eric found it in 'Pravda'".