Preface: "Sound Check"

Welcome to 'The Beginning Guitarist Handbook' written by Benjamin Jay. I am a guitarist based out of the Los Angeles/Hollywood area in Southern California. It is my sincere hope that you are excited to begin our journey throughout this course/book. 

 I am writing this because I wish I had something to this extent when I first started. In fact, I have a plethora of music books on my bookshelf which have tried to do exactly what I'm doing here - only difference is that this book is free vs $30.00 [or more]. 

This course is meant to get you ready for actual published scholarly books on music. I want you to be able to comprehend the basics before you drop money on theory books, chord books, scale(s)/mode(s) books, song books, etc. If you already own material this course/book will make a great accompaniment to what you already have. 

This book is intended for a serious beginner but casual players will find the 'no nonsense' - 'straight to the point' attitude here very useful as well. If you truly want to get the most out of this book you will study & practice - which you should already be doing if you want to improve. 

Side note: If you are in a guitar 101 or theory 101 course in community college - this book/course should help you quite a lot. 

How Updates will work as I am putting this out chapter by chapter. 

1. I will update the table of contents as I go. So please always come check back or follow me here for constant updates until the book is finished. 

2. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please let me know down in the comment section below. 

The Community:

This is going to be a crucial part of this course/book. I want you guys to start making friends, but more importantly, find and network with others in the same boat as you. I will be having submissions on Instagram under the #TheBGH where most of our user interaction will take place. I, of course will be checking the hashtag feed as soon as the first challenge, assignment, etc. comes up. 

Feedback is crucial. If you guys want me to elaborate on certain topics you must be vocal down in the comment section below. 

I cannot wait to meet all of you & best of luck throughout this course.