Chapter One: The Beginning

Present: 22 A

Present: 22 A.C
Aegonfort
Red Keep

    Long ago...a valley in between three high barren hills was once settled by the Singers of the Forest, humanoid beings that were peaceful and catered to nature. Creatures such as giants called it home. Now, thousands of years have passed, and the landscape the Singers once guarded is repurposed to the likes of man.

South of the Blackwater Rush on top of Visenya's Hill is the newly built Great Sept, surrounded by worshipers praised by more than one god.

Across the city towards the north on Rhaenys Hill stood the beautiful dragonpit, its enormous dome holding high, blocking the sun to some; its large bronze doors opened wide. The Triplet Streets ran between them, straight as a longsword and colorful as a flower meadow. A new city arises; manses and arbors and granaries, storehoues and timbered inns and merchant's stalls, taverns, and new graveyards and brothels. Between the buildings were wide dirt roads lined with trees. The citizens are rejoicing and celebrating the princess's nameday. Over the commotion, the city walls clamor to conceal all the happiness from outsiders.

    A hundred quays lined the waterfront, and the harbor was a crowd of its own with ships. Deepwater fishing boats and river runners came and went as the sun rose to its peak. Trading galleys unloaded goods from Braavos, Pentos, and Lys. Within the mix of it all were Queen Visenya's vassals as she had returned from Dragonstone for the princess nameday celebration.

    Above all, towering high in the furthest point east of Westeros, stands Aegon's Hill. Starting from the ramp to the cliff overlooking the bay, the freshly finished Red Keep. Seven huge drum-towers crowned with iron ramparts, an immense grim barbican, vaulted halls, covered bridges, barracks and dungeons, and massive curtain walls studded with archers' nests, all fashioned in bright red stone. The enormous castle had four courtyards, one being the training yard for the newly appointed Kingsgaurd Queen Visenya, established a few years prior.

The sounds of metal clashing against one another ring across the yard.

"Ao emagon issare praxi byka mandia." Maegor points audibly as their swords clash into an X. Maegor discovers from the months spent away his sisters' skill in combat improved.

(You have been practicing, little sister.)

   As the late morning sun beams upon the princess, the penetrating spring heat causes stubborn hair strands to cling to Eléa's forehead, covered in sweat.

  Maegor could not help but get lost in his half-sister's ethereal beauty. Maegor hawks, the bead of sweat rapidly gliding past her pale lilac irises. Maegor observed their differences. Eléas' face is similar to her mother's more each day, starting with her soft pointed jaw to her nose.

   Enraptured by his infatuation, Eléa took this moment to push her sword hard against Maegor's sword, making the older prince stumble back, almost tripping over his feet.