"How did that history project end up doing?" I ask after our waitress had cleared up our plates and we were waiting for the bill. I check my phone quickly to see a text from Chloe,

Chloe💙🤙🏽🥰
Only one awake, going back to bed. See you when you two get home, love you.

I replied with an I love you back as Lucie starts to talk "It actually went really well, thanks. My teacher said it was one of the best ones" she gives me a tight smile, I fist pump her. "I mean like who knew, you'd be good at History. I roll my eyes and pay.

"Your a sophomore, any idea of what you want to be? I know Cassidy is struggling with it already"I tell her as we exit the restaurant and step into the surprisingly warm air of March.

"I've got a few ideas, nothing really major. But I really should figure it out soon so I can start to look at schools and all that"

"I'm not letting you off that easily, what are some of your ideas?"

"Mostly med field" I nod.

"I could see you being a nurse or doctor"I comment as I open the passenger door for her, she smiles as she slides in.

"I'm mostly leaning towards like the sick kids nurses and shush"She tells me as I start my car.

"Sick kids? Really, that's cool. You know us Leafs visit sick kids quite often"she chuckles.

"You'll either be traded or retired when I'm finally working" I gasp dramatically.

"You think I'll be traded?" She shrugs with a small smile and I laugh "I was starting to like you"

"No, correction. You do like me, I mean you don't necessarily take your girlfriends sister out to breakfast if you don't like her"

"Damn, sure you don't wanna be a lawyer?" She laughs.

"It's a job that's floating around, but mostly med field"I nod.

"You'll be great"

"What about Cassidy?" She asks. We fall into the conversation of what my younger sister wants to be, she even asks me what I would've liked to be if going pro for hockey didn't happen. I pulled up to the supermarket and we slide out. Thankfully while at breakfast, chloe sent a list of what foods we needed. Which happened to be a lot. Lucie strolls beside me, pushing the cart as we make our way through the store.

"Can I ask?" Lucie asks randomly as I place peppers into the shopping cart. I nod my head "what's your tattoo about?" I look down the my left wrist.

"It's my grandpa's writing. My dad's dad, they were heading back to Finland before I got drafted, his brother was sick. So my grandpa wrote a card and I got it the day I was drafted"I rub the small two line handwritten like tattoo as we walk down an aisle.

"What does it say?" Lucie asks. I'm glad she didn't question where he was or what happened to him, it was still kind of raw.

I chuckle a bit "Says I'm proud of you, and I love you" I tell her "and the second sentence says Go Leafs Go"she laughs.

"Huge fan than?"

"The biggest" I nod "been a fan of them since he got to Canada. He was so excited to see me play"

"I'm sure he is very proud"She tells me and I nod, she leans on the cart.

"Yea, I'd hope so. He'd use to build his own hockey rink in his backyard just for me to skate on, I'd spend a lot of time there because I was on a specific team and they lived near where that team was from"I tell him.