Chapter 1: The falling star

Chapter 1 - The falling star

Third POV:

"Soraka! We have an urgent incident, which should be regulated as fast as possible." "Who asked you to find me, my dear?" asks Soraka with a puzzled look. She stands up from her desk and grabs her wand before focusing on her assistant Rose, still breathless after her run, flustered and confused about the current situation.

"What happened?"

"The Convergence of Elders. They asked for your attendance, Soraka."

Soraka nods and leaves her personnel office with her assistant. "Anything else I need to know, Rose?" Soraka broaches the subject again while they go briskly to the Convergence of Elders Conference rooms. "Everybody is alarmed because of a red glowing star falling from the sky. It targeted the Capital, our position!" explains Rose, trying to catch her breath. Finally, she turns around to a richly ornamented window and balks. "Look!"

Soraka looks outside the window and discovers the star, almost reaching the surface of Ionia. She becomes pale.

Soraka and Rose couldn't arrive at the Elders Conference rooms in time as they heard a loud bang, closely followed by a weak but clearly recognizable earthquake under their feet. Both stare at each other with giant eyes before saying the same thing with one voice: "The star!" Both are running outside the main building of the Capital and the Elders. Soraka glances in all directions, looking for a crater, but all she sees is a rainbowish glowing sphere, which reminds her of a protecting shield. It fell right of nowhere in the garden of the Elders.

"This is where the star fell down.", Soraka hears one of the Elders yellings, making her understand it even more. This is nothing normal like a meteor or a falling star. She approximates the sphere, points her ward at it, and hopes for nothing dangerous.

Ionia couldn't take another action, whence resulted in a new war. The Ionian population can't take another war. "Be careful, Soraka!" the brown-haired Rose hides behind a marble column, ashamed to disgrace herself, shaking in fear. Although she can use magic to defend herself, she's still not that powerful like Soraka with her healing or supporting skills. Therefore, she dignifies Soraka from the bottom of her heart.

"I don't know who or what you are," Soraka declared with a loud and robust voice while still nearing the sphere. "But if you came to this place and you're badly intentioned, don't expect mercy!"

Another step forward, and Soraka realizes the sphere is slowly disappearing. She recognizes an ordinary human being bit by bit, curled up in a ball and shaking. A moment of silence sets in while Rose steps out of her hiding spot, and even the Elders move closer to Soraka and the human being.

"Who are you?" questions Soraka with a calmer voice and kneels in front of the unknown human being. The human being looks up, and her eyes widen surprisingly. A young red-haired girl with giant blue eyes stares at Soraka, disoriented.

"I-I'm alive?" the human being stretched and looked perplexed at her hands, clothes, and instrument case. Everything is still intact. "I-I'm in Ionia?"

"You know where you are?", Soraka furrows her brow and puts a hand on her shoulder to calm her down. For Soraka, it seems like it's a confused human being with possible symptoms like puzzlement and amnesia.

"Y-Yeah. This is Ionia, and you're Soraka, the Starchild." the addressed one becomes pale again with a shattered look while the human being smiles calmly. Soraka recognizes tears in her eyes beside her big glasses. "I'm in Runeterra."

"How did she know that?"

A few moments before this moment took place, the Virtuoso was on his way to the center of the Capital. First, he hid in a dark cloak, so nobody could recognize him or his mask. Then, calm steps advanced through the markets of the Capital, where the population was still nervous and turbulent. Everybody keeps his eyes glued to the falling star, who almost hit the surface. Everybody is scared, except for our Virtuoso, humming an unknown melody from good old Ionian days while trying to find peace in such a loud surrounding.