A Letter

{Sal's POV}

"Did you find anything on Madison yet?" I pace back and forth in Todd's room. Right now, the both of us are trying to figure out this Madison situation.

"It's hard to. Most of it just looks like fake news to me. And with
Y/N not knowing much either, it's gonna be—" I stop pacing.

"What's wrong?"

"I think I found something. Look at this." I walk over to Todd's computer and look at the screen. It reads:

Young Girl Found Dead In Car, Overdosed on Heroine-written 1994
Madison Battalion, age 16 or 17, went missing on Monday, June 26th 1994. Her mother, Jane Battalion, never reported her missing. Her daughter, Y/N Battalion, called officials stating that she ran away from home. Officials spoke with the family, Jane stating that they would fight a lot. Her daughter stated that they were "like best friends." Madison did in fact state that she was going to leave as soon as she was 18 to Y/N. Then, about 2 weeks later, police found the body of Madison in her car not to far from the city. She was covered in blood and glass, meaning that she probably crashed her car. Her arm was exposed with a needle sticking out. She was presumed dead when they found her.

"This... but it seems so real." My eyes were wide at this point.

"Exactly. This is probably he cult's doing. And yes I know, they HAVE been M.I.A for a while, but this was 3 years ago. For all we know Madison could still be out there." I nod.

"But we checked everywhere. Where could she had stayed for 3 years?" A knock was heard from the door. I made my way to it. I opened it to find Larry, Ash, and Y/N. It looks like they have been running.

"What's up?" Without a word,
Y/N hands me a letter. I open it and read:

Dear Y/N,
Today is June 26th, 1994. I'm writing this before I leave this shitty place. I'll be renting a car and driving away. Driving to Virginia, where Aunt Jessie is. I know you don't like her, so you don't have to come and visit. I already discussed this whole thing with her. Besides, she really hates her sister like I hate our mother. Please don't tell mom, though. I know she won't care but just for my sake don't tell her. I love you so much. Please never grow up to be like me, ever.

Signing off!

I look up at the three. "Is this..."

"From Maddie? Yeah." Y/N speaks. "Apparently, while Aunt Carol was cleaning out Mom's things after she died, she found the letter. She showed it to me now... NOW!" She rubs her face. "I can't believe she hid this from
me... I can't believe my own mother hid this from me!" Tears spill from her beautiful eyes. She falls to the floor. I kneel down and hug her, tight. The next thing I know Larry, Ash, and Todd join in. You would think this is a happy moment from far away, but right now, we're all suffering.

"What the fuck are we going to do now?" I look at Larry. He too has tears in his eyes. I know he's soft, but with Y/N he's extremely soft.

"Could she still be there?" I look at Ash. She's never been much of a crier but she has a sad look to her.

"Who the fuck knows. I just wanna find her..." Y/N burrows her head on my chest. Suddenly, the phone rings.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" Y/N yells, crying even harder. Todd gets up and answers it. His eyes go wide.

"Guys. She's here... Madison's here... in Nockfell." All of us stop and stare at Todd with wide eyes. Holy fuck.

Hey! Sorry for the slow uploads, you know school. For this reason, I'm going to write on the weekends, unless my brain hits me with an idea during the weekdays. See you soon!