Ch. 7 - [Audition?]

Ella's POV

I went into a daze and unconsciously called out, "Papa?" I asked tilting my head. The man froze and stared at me wide-eyed. "Uh..." When I realized what I said, I blushed and bowed. "I'm sorry!" And ran away. "Wait!" I heard the man shout at me but I ignored him and continued running away. But of course, the man caught up to me in no time since I have short legs which means that I'm as slow as a turtle. Not literally.

The man held the back of my hood and I was just hanging there flailing my arms and legs. "Let me go!" I whined with a beat red face and teary eyes. I just noticed how I act differently from when I acted like an adult before. The man brought me back at the bench and he sat me down beside him.

"Why did you call me papa?" He asked immediately making me freeze. "Um..." It was silence after that. I awkwardly sat there while fidgeting my hands and feet. In the end, I sighed and looked at him. "You look like my papa." I told him. His eyebrow raised in confusion. "Who's your papa?" I became silent while hiding my face in Poka.

"That's a secret." I mumbled only showing my eyes and nose so it's a bit muffled. He chuckled. "You know, I've been watching you for a long time ago." I looked at him shock while eating the cone and secretly cleaning Poka with my power. "Why? And when?" I asked. He turned to me, smiled and pat my head.

"Last month. It was my first time coming here because my friend advised me to stop overworking myself and take a break. I sat at the bench next to this one in the morning. I just sat quietly and then, I heard a faint shuffle and saw you sitting down at this bench. I thought you were strange since, you sat here, alone and looking around like you're lost. Even after you finished your ice cream, you just sat here and looked up at the sky with lonely eyes. Ever since then, I came here early morning but then notice you only come here on Sunday and Saturday. So I come here every Saturday and Sunday morning and watch you as you sat alone here. I became more interested in you when one day, I heard you singing Lost Stars. You may not know this, but I'm actually the CEO of SKY entertainment company. And well," He took out a piece of paper from inside his suit and handed it to me. "I would like it if you can go for an audition that we're setting for kids aged 7 and above." He said.

I stared at the paper. The audition was set on ninth March. That's tomorrow. I looked back at him. "But I'm 4." I said. "Well, I'm making a special exception for you. So here is the form. Tell your parents to fill it in and give it to the judges once you are inside the audition room. Well now, look at the time. I'll be going on. Make sure you come tomorrow." He said and left before I can say anything else. Ah... What should I do now? I looked down at the paper and thought about it. I mean, who doesn't want to be a singer? Because I do. I became a YouTuber for this reason. To become famous. I became an idol trainer because I always observe and sometimes become envy of them. Being able to sing their own songs and being recognized and loved by the public.

It doesn't hurt to try, right?

The next day

According to the information given by the audition paper, the audition is held at the SKY entertainment itself. I looked up at the tall building in front of me and nodded my head in confirmation. "Un. This is the place." Then I walked inside the building. Once I walked inside, people were rushing and hastily walking everywhere. I walked to the receptionist and said, "Um... Miss?" The woman behind the desk looked up and her head turned around searching for the source of the voice.

"Down here." I said, raising my left arm and waving at her. She looked down at me and asked. "What is it that you need?" "I want to ask where the audition for today is held. Can you tell me where it is?" I asked her tilting my head slightly in question. She nodded after freezing for a solid 5 seconds with a tint of red on her cheeks.