Chapter 6

“Every realm that you go to will give you weapons or items to help you in the quest,” he said.

“Can’t I go on my own?”

“Don’t be arrogant. Just because you have your own powers doesn’t mean you will success in every one.”

“Okay, who do I get my weapons and items from?”

“You get them from unexpected people or things.”

“Like who? I’m in hell.”

“Me.”

“You? You will give me a weapon? Hades will give me a weapon; totally unbelievable.”

“Your first weapon will be the iced shuriken.”

“Wait, what do I get after the quests? There always a reward after a quest.”

“You’ll get a prize for each quest you finish.”

“As I was saying, your first weapon is the iced shuriken. The ice will never melt. Throw the shuriken and it will come back flying. No one can catch the shuriken but you. It lets you have the control of ice.”

As he pulled out the iced shuriken and handed it to me, I gasped at the beauty. The shuriken was in a snowflake shape. It looked translucent, frosty and unique. It was dark grey and purple at the edges while the middle was blue. I like how the design went – dark blue, fading blue, then grey and purple.

“Are you done admiring it?” he asked.

“Yes, I suppose.”

I guess I was staring at it for too long. It was just too beautiful.

“Are you ready for your first quest? Any questions you would like to ask? I’m here to answer them all.”

“Oh yeah, actually, I was wondering, do you hav – “He clapped his hands twice before I even finished my questions; not even the first one and I was warped into another room. But this time, I’m not in a room anymore but a forest. The forests’ trees were weird. They were curled and vines swung low from them. The sounds of insects buzzing was there. I couldn’t see well and that was when I realized it was dark again. My whole hair of snakes came alive and lit up where I walked. I was surprised how I was walking flawlessly in heels and my dress would not be stained with dirt. Each leaf that dropped down felt like a scream. The unknown and scary rustling in the trees scares me. I inhaled a deep breath and told myself I have a quest to finish and must overcome what come may. I exhaled calmly.

When I heard the rustling, I thought I was dreaming, but the rustling became obvious. I took out the shuriken that Hades gave me. I told myself that I’m ready for anything and everything. I heard something flying around me. It finally landed heavily with a thump on the ground. I couldn’t see what was it so my snakes’ eyes glowed brighter. I know what it is now. It’s the bat that’s in the mythology I’ve heard the neighbors said about. The bat that looks like a pterosaur – Olitiau.