Chapter 2

We strolled down the sea of markets, and after finding some offerings with failed attempts, we finally found one shop that sold pottery and textiles. He bought a woven bag while I bought an underwater themed pot. While I was shopping for more, I found a beggar. The beggar was a woman that had hair so long that it was until her waist, and it was gray in color. She had wrinkles all over her face. “Fortune Teller for $5” was written on the sign. I gave her five dollars while she looked at me with her stunning oak brown eyes.

Her eyes suddenly widened and she whispered,” That man.”

“Yea, what’s the problem with him?”

“Bad man. Make your life no good. Eyes like god. Very blue. Run now!”

“He’s not a bad guy, he’s just a normal person that just moved in.”

She sighed and murmured something I couldn’t hear. I rethought what she said and it actually did make some sense as nobody talked about anyone moving in. Neptune was taking a very long time so I took another round in the shop. When I exited the shop, the old lady wasn’t there anymore.  

My thoughts were interrupted by Neptune.

“You bought pink champagne?”I said

“And two glasses.”

“Why?”

“You don’t know – as an Athena worshipper? You need to offer her the drink or foodstuff, and then drink some yourself.”

“Really? I never knew that..”

“C’mon. Let’s head back to the temple.”

I followed him back to the temple and the bright colorful temple turned dim for some reason.

“What happened to the temple? It’s so.. dark.”

I explored the temple while Neptune was pouring the drinks. When I came back, the glass goblets were filled with yellow champagne. I did notice something strange from the drink. There were bits of powder on mine.

“What’s up with the powder on my cup?”

“Let me clean it up for you.”

He was acting strange. I can sense it. He would not act like this. He seems quiet.

“Here.”

“Cheers.”

He said nothing but lifted the goblet to his lips and drank the champagne. So did I. Mine tasted weird. It had a spicy but sweet tang. This isn’t champagne. It’s mixed with something else.

“Hey did you do anything to my drink? It doesn’t taste like champagne.”

He said nothing but smiled.

“Well, did y – “

Before I finished my sentence I was sent to a dizzy spiraling abyss.