Oh Cruel Fate (Blarghy)

Requested by EagleWarriormc15

“It’s your choice, stay here for me to poke and prod, or enjoy your day in the sun,” Vendel said to Blinkous while still poking at him a bit before stopping and turning around to walk away, “For as long as it lasts.” While Blinkous was out of his mind excited yet nervous, argh was sad and scared for his friend who wouldn’t be with him and in the surface during the day with Toby, Jim, and Claire. If something bad ever happened to blinky while in the surface without him there he’d feel guilt he wasn’t there to help him.

Jim walks through the entrance to the outside surface, “You ready?” He said as he turn around to to face blinkous. Blinky had an expression that showed a bit of fear and he was indeed afraid. Jim noticed this and said comforting, “Don’t worry, it’s not gonna hurt.” Jim stretches his hand as he says this. Blinky uncertainty reaches out, but stops to turn and look at Argh. Argh makes a small noise of distress for he was now very worried for his friend and dreaded the moment he would step in the sun with fear. [The actual subtitles said argh moans but I didn’t want to put that because of my tainted mind for friend who think like that any who back to the story].

“I’m sorry you won’t be joining me on this adventure, my friend.” Blinky said this with a sad tone with the same emotion expressing on his now human face.

Argh put his left hand on blinky’s left shoulder and said, “Mm,” while closing his eyes and nodding with a smile in order to comfort Blinkous. For in reality Argh was panicking insidebbecause as soon as blink turned away his smile faded for him to express on his troll face that he was terrified. Blinky when he turned took hold of Jim’s still outstretched hand and almost stepped forward, but hesitated for a moment. He thought if this doesn’t work he would turn to stone and never get the chance to tell argh how he felt. Argh, meanwhile wanted to hold back blinky and not let him go, but repressed the instinct to. Blinky finally step forward and was then pulled into the light by JIm. Argh covered his eyes to not see his friend turn to stone. Blinky was scared to open his eyes but when he did he was amazed he was not stone.

“There you go. See? You’re fine.” Once Jim had said this Argh uncovered his eyes and
relieved. Blinky ran out from under the bridge to see the beautiful surface world’s light a bit cloudy sky and gasps, but then started to look at the sun like a imbecile.

“It’s so...” Blink then regrets the decision and covers his now two eyes, “...bright.”

“Yeah, well, don’t stare at it.” Jim says while crossing his arms.

Meanwhile, argh was watching from the distance saddened about this and now felt
alone. He watched as blink ran out further and further into the surface daylight happily, “Hmm…” he says sorrowfully before he said, “Good-bye.” The entrance then closes when he turns to walk away back to Blinky’s library and sits there missing Blinkous already. He had realized his emotions towards blinky but was too afraid that blinky would reject him like the last troll he had these romantic emotions for did. But now each day that past it started to cause him emotional pain to not tell blinky.

Vendel soon then after walked in and noticed argh’s saddened state, “Missing blinkous I see and also worrying for him,” he said.

“Mhm…” Argh responds his sight focused on the floor.

“Blinkous although may definitely been seen as a poor excuse of a self defendable troll, but he can take care of himself and he is with the trollhunter. You have nothing to be worried about him over for…” Vendel says as he places a hand on Argh’s shoulder, “and he shall always come back here sunset to continue to search the locations of the other two triumbric stones.” Argh calmed down and worried less for blinky safety at the moment, but he still worried over the fact that he needed to decide whether or whether not to tell blinky. ”Oh, do please for gorgon’s sake tell him already!” Vendel said with tone of impatience.