"I can imagine that, especially since they've been secretly working together since the very start!" Oriana teased us.

"Even we don't get to see that side of Karina often!" Annabelle pouted jokingly.

Oda turned around so we don't see her face, but I thought I saw a corner of her mouth in a smile.

"Anyways, I will check up on how the preparations for the tea party are going. Take a seat at the table and watch that Otto doesn't run loose."

"I will go too—" I began.

"Don't," Oda said. "Please, at the very least, let me do this for you all."

There was something distant and cold in her voice, but not towards me. It was as if she is still blaming herself.

We took a seat at the long table outside in the garden, a white tablecloth draped over it so it matched the dinner table at the dining hall, and yet the table is free of candles and plates, giving it a less restrained feeling.

Annabelle and Oriana sat across from Otto and me.

I gave them a smile. "Don't mind Oda, she has been trying her best to deal with her feelings."

"We don't blame her," Annabelle whispered, her hair blowing in the wind, "and I wish she would understand—but it wouldn't sound sincere coming from us."

"So please, Karina, do help her," Oriana said.

"I don't know how to," I answered honestly. "Even I—" my sentence never finished, because Otto turned to me.

"Karina, can I go and look at the new flowers in the garden? I've never seen them before." Otto pointed to flowers lining the garden. None of them have fully bloomed, but buds of pink and purple are visible, with an occasional blue and yellow. It was finally spring.

"Yes, but don't wander too far."

"I won't!" Otto pushed back his chair and ran away quickly.

"He really is a nice person," Oriana said, watching his back. "Do you love him, Karina?"

I shook my head.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "But that day, I lied to you for the dandelion seeds. I didn't love Otto. But I wasn't lying about one thing: I was in love."

Oriana smiled.

"I knew that you must be in love."

Oscar's face and expressions and voice came into mind.

"I'm sorry."

"It's nothing to apologize for. What were we talking about before?"

"Oda. But Aideen is not much better," I said. "She has been with Queen Sonata this whole time, even with her in the cell. They don't speak, but she never leaves her side. Not even for this tea party."

"She's truly devoted," Annabelle said. "Like the Queen is her mother."

I think of everything she has ever said, and done, for the Royal Family. In the end, was it really for the Royal Family, or for the 'Mother' figure she yearned for? Oda had asked her to come to the tea party, but she chose Queen Sonota over it.

Yet I couldn't hate her, nor her actions.

"Here is the tea," Oda's voice came from behind me. I turned to see her waking up to us with a tray full of teacups, the tea inside like a golden pond, leaves swaying inside like small fish.

"I'll help," I said and stood up. Oda froze up, still three steps away. "I'm not doing this for you, so it's fine."

Her eyes tried and read mine. I didn't know if she found an answer or not, but she continued walking to me, and when I picked up two cups from the tray, she doesn't say anything.