Ch. 10

((Art of you on top! [Did not color or draw hair due to those being your decision] [Outfits stays dark blue with dark blue jeans👌]))

S-25 had moved away from the two, watching as 29 moved to the lift and 24 stood afar. He had a bruise around his throat, making her worry. What had happened last night? Some subjects were there to see him off. The others had gone to play around. S-29 was grumbling to himself as he turned around, looking at his two colleagues.
"Wait, 29! Please, stay. I-I'll miss you..." 29 rolled his eyes, watching as she left to his response. He looked over at Evan, smirking.
"You won't be seeing me anytime soon."
"Come on. I know that you're mad, but-"
"I am truly not your friend. I'm just another experiment," he chuckled, hitting the button for lift. "And it seems like you'll be one too. Ta ta, Evan."
"Wait!" He reached his hand out, but the lift was already going up. He reached for his neck, frozen. He then rushed to the emergency room, contacting his boss and finding the necessary items to cleanse himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

S-29 had pushed open the doors, his fuzzy coat wrapped around his waist. Yeah, it was cold here, but that subject just tried to roast him alive. He made it to the observation room, slamming his hand on the speaker button. "Call S-24!"
"Hello?" S-29 sighed with relief, sitting on his chair.
"This is S-29 calling from Artic Zone. Private number 213385. A subject escaped and is on the run. Shapeshifter qualities. Subject 0900. This is a code 24113."
"Holy hell...that thing was with me and S-25!" There was rustling on the other end, then a loud grunt.
"What? Did he-"
"He said I was going to end up as one too! What the hell does that mean?!" S-29 pulled out a notebook, flipping to the assigned page of 0900.
"He has a poison that he is able to inject into you. But, it only works the closer to the brain it is."
"He stabbed me in the neck?!"
"He has a small needle that isn't detected, yes."
"What about S-25?!" S-24 had rushed out of the room, heading for S-25's.
"Wait! Do not go near anybody if the wound is leaking!"
"Screw the wound!"
"She could be infected by it!" That had stopped the desert base co-worker, and he could be heard trudging.
"Fine. I just need to know if she is okay." S-29 sighed, scratching the back of his neck.
"Alright. So, I know you'd be against it, but she needs to follow the subject. You can't due to the infectious wound."
"No! It'll-"
"She'll carry the necessary weaponry." He sighed, making S-29 cock a brow.
"Is that why he was even colder? Why he actually cared?" S-24's voice broke, and a tear slipped out of his eye. This hurt him. S-29 cared for Evan, but he hates showing it. Yeah, he was cold, but not overly cold.
"Now, Evan. You know-"
"Well, is it?!" Silence flooded both of their ears and 24 scoffed.
"Don't get overly angry, 24. You could be subjected to becoming a subject faster. And, no. I care, Evan." S-29 placed the phone down, turning it off. He leaned back in the chair, eyes scanning the hallway close to him.
How could he let this happen? How could Evan get hurt? Why did he allow that...subject to make him miscalculate. Because I've grown soft. Because of Evan.

~~~~~~

S-24 sighed, locking the door. Tears were slipping from his eyes and he had slowly sat on the ground. He heard Y/n shuffling about, her stifled yawn made its way to his ears. He wanted to rush out, to keep her here and safe away from the shapeshifter.
He ran his hands through his hair, sighing. "I'll be back, 24! I promise I'll be careful," she whispered the end, making the male smile.
"You better. You're the only other human I have contact with." He couldn't see it, but she blushed and smiled, pecking her hand and placing it on the door.
She moved on, the lift in her sights. "Do you have any locations on him?"
"No," 29 gruffly replied, clicking his tongue. "Not yet. I will when he reaches a populated area. And knowing this subject, he needs a large area. He would enjoy seeing people suffer." Y/n shuddered, afraid of the possibilities.
"I-"
"Listen, I know that you are afraid, and that's why, while we are speaking, I'm getting ready to head down there. Just, don't get caught. Hide your scent with loads of perfume or cologne. He can scent you from miles away."
"Alright," she whispered, looking up. She glanced around, remembering when she first found the place.
But things have to change, right?