Ch. 4

I glanced to the door, yawning. Subject 029 was screeching, louder than normal. I hopped up, put my uniform on, and rushed down to the human like test subject. I slowed down, watching as S-24 was speaking to Subject 029. I held my breath, smiling a little. "So, what was it?" 029 screeched again, motioning something with his hands.
     "So, something big, huh?" Subject 029 quickly nodded, screeching and making more movements. This time, he began to run around, flailing his arms any time he got. I gave a small laugh, then approached some more. "Oh, hey, S-25. Subject 029 was just telling me his dream." I nodded, sighing.
     "Must have been a bad one, huh?" S-24 nodded, standing up.
     "029! Come back over here. Tell us more about it, please." 029 grabbed his dolly, rushing to us. He gave me a happy screech before going back to his dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      S-29 had yawned, getting up and stretching. He cracked his neck, sat back down, and pulled up a camera. He watched a subject, then took his jacket off. I glanced towards him, blushing slightly. He had no shirt on, so it was just him, in pants, and no shirt. I quickly turned back to my computer, flicking through the cameras. I didn't know it at the time, but I had landed on the camera in the office. "Are you okay?"
     I spun around, looking at S-29. "Uh, yeah! Yeah, I'm fine!"
     He cocked a brow, slowly turning back around. I clicked another screen, landing on Subject 029. He was sleeping, his chest rising and falling. S-24 was chuckling, shaking his head. "What is it?"
     I heard them whispering, still blushing. I shook my head, smiling faintly at the subject that laid before the screen. How could he be so happy at a place like this? 'He has S-24, S-29, and so many more subjects to communicate with. How could he not be happy?' I thought, shaking my head.
     "She's blushing, put your jacket back on."
     "As you can tell, the temperature is all the way up! I'll die!"
     I turned to the two, shaking my head. "No, no. I don't blush, see? He can keep his coat off."
     "You're saying that because you like his bod, huh?" S-24 questioned, his brows moving up and down, smirking.
     "No!"
     He laughed and S-29 slapped him on the back of his head, rolling his eyes. Stop being immature, fool. We work at a dangerous facility, and you laugh?"
     I turned to the screen, watching as Subject 029 slowly stirred, rubbing his eyes and yawning. I smiled, watching the human-like creature rise. He left his dolly and walked to the door, screeching. His screech reached down to us, and S-24 stood up, smiling. "Well, he's up. I have to speak to him."
     S-29 waved to him, scoffing. "Do what you do, dude." He sat back down, scrolling through the cameras. I waved to S-24, too, watching as he left. I still stared at the door a few minutes after he left, soon turning to my computer.