3. Library

I was offered a room that was so big it could fit 10 of mine and Peter's room in it. It was decorated with gold and red and there were books stacked all along the wall. The windows looked out on the garden and the ceiling was too high to touch, even if I jumped. One of the lovely ladies who worked at the palace had given me something to sleep in and some dresses to wear. I was not gonna wear those though, I still had a bunch of other clothes in my backpack. I layed down on the bed, I was in a freaking palace. Me, a ravager who had been running from the Nova Corp. I was one lucky girl.

After lying awake for a few hours I decided it was time for me to explore the palace. I put on my pants and t-shirt and snuck out of my room. There was no one in the halls, so I walked around, looking around corners and inside rooms. 

I had been walking for some time when I realised I had no idea where I had ended up, or how to get back to my room. I looked out a window, I was a level higher than my room was, so I needed to find the stairs again. The thing was, I couldn't find them. 

I had passed the same painting of Odin about 7 times when I decided to turn right instead of left. I ended up in a hall with just one big double door, it was open, and lights were shining inside the room. So I walked up to it and looked inside, it was a library. I was amazed, I had never seen that much books in my life. 

" Wow." I whispered. I walked through the isles and looked at the books. Big ones, little ones, green, red, black, yellow. 

In the back of the library were rows of tables. And on the last one, sitting in the furthest corner, was a guy. He had a pile of books on the table and was reading one intensely. He had jet black hair, and was wearing a black and green suit. Who wore a suit at night? 

" Staring is rude you know." He said not looking up from his book. 

" I'm sorry." I told him " I didn't mean to interrupt your reading." I grabbed a book from the nearest shelve and sat down at the table before him. He looked up from his book when I had spoken. 

"What are you doing here at this hour?" he asked. 

" What are you doing here at this hour?" I asked him back, opening the book. 

" I asked you first." he said looking at me. 

" Couldn't sleep." I told him. He nodded, and inspected me, probably trying to figure out if he knew me. " And you?" I asked again. 

He smiled  " Some studying." 

I decided to read the book I had picked up. ' Asgard's prosperous agriculture.'  Not the adventurous novel I was looking for. But it could be interesting.

" Is there a reason you couldn't sleep?" he suddenly asked. 

I sighed, " I kinda crashed down on your prosperous planet after doing a hyper jump." I told him. He looked up from his book, and I did the same. 

" You're the one who crashed?" he asked. 

" Is that so hard to believe?" I asked him raising an eyebrow. 

" Well, you're a lady." he said. " But you are wearing some unusual clothes so I suppose I should believe you." 

" Well that is extremely sexist." I accused him putting down my book " So because I'm a woman I can't fly a ship?" Yondu always told me I could do anything a man could. Some things I could even do better. 

He put down his book as well " Women on Asgard don't usually fly ships." he defended himself. 

" Well I'm not an Asgardian woman am I." I told him. 

" Obviously." he said and picked up his book again. 

I did the same, but put it back down a second later " What's that supposed to mean?" I asked him kinda offended. 

He looked up " I mean you don't really look like one. You wear these clothes, you fly a ship, your hair is short. You come into the library in the middle of the night to read." He summed up all the things that made me, me.

" Well then I'm glad I'm not an Asgardian woman. It sounds awful to be one." I told him. Which made him smile. I went back to the book. 

About half an hour later I was done with it. It was interesting, just not my cup of tea. So I put it back and asked " Do you happen to know the way back to the chambers?" I asked him. 

He looked up and said " I suppose." He got up and I followed him outside the library and through the halls. " Which one?" he asked. 

" The one next to Thor's." I told him. And he lead me through some hallways, down a flight of stairs and around a few corners.

We stopped right in front of it " Here you go." he said. 

" Thanks." I told him.

 When I wanted to go in he said " I didn't catch your name." 

" Lily." 

He smiled " Well goodnight Lily." 

" Goodnight..." 

" Loki." he said. 

" Loki." I repeated him. I gave him a smile and closed the door behind me. 

And after all that reading I could finally fall asleep.