Chapter 5

I didn't see Michael the next day, which gave me plenty of time to process my dream. After I'd taken the girls to art class Calum and I went to Bondi, just to think and talk.

"So you're saying you had a dream where you and Mikey had sex?" Calum mumbled over the straw in his iced drink. I stared at the bubbles floating and popping in my cup,

"Yeah, it was really weird Cal, I've never had a dream like that about anyone before." A warm arm wrapped itself around my shoulders,

"I think your brain is just a little muddled up from the kiss yesterday. I wouldn't think about it too much Chai. But I do think your brain is telling you that you're lonely." Exhaling slowly I looked up at him,

"Lonely?" He nodded sipping slowly at his now watery drink.

"Yeah, you've spent your entire childhood with Mike and I, and now we're gone most of the year, I worry that you're lonely. Maybe that's what your dream was about, maybe you crave that close affection."

I knew he was right, I was lonely. Ever since I was little I'd struggled with making friends. And it wasn't any easier now. Michael and Calum had always been there for as long as I could remember, so I'd never needed to make any friends. I spent an awful lot of my time alone in my apartment.

"You ok Chai?" I nodded stiffly against his shoulder,

"You're right, I am lonely. But not necessarily for male affection, mostly just for you and Michael."

"I'm sorry that we leave you behind. If you weren't at uni we would take you with us. But always know that we miss you just as much as you miss us. You're our 5th second of summer." Chuckling I elbowed him gently,

"Maybe I'll come visit you when I'm on intra-trimester break, depending on what exotic city you're in that the time." He scoffed tightening his grip around me,

"You only like us for our exotic tour schedule! I see how it is!" Within a second he had me pinned in the sand tickling me making me scream.

"Calum! Calum stop! Oh my God I'm gonna pee!" He stopped and scrunched his face,

"Ew don't pee! That's disgusting Chai. God." He stood up and sat back down on the mat we brought with us.

"Remind me why we're friends? You're so mean to me." I pouted shaking the sand off me.

"Because I'm the hot bassist from that band you love."

"I hate bassists, I'm into drummers." He mock gasped,

"I see how it is!" He stood and stormed off down the beach, with a model-like swing to his hips. Sitting down on the mat I watched as he was spotted by 3 fans. Smiling I began to shape my straw.

I knew I was lonely, but I had no idea what would fill that odd shaped hole inside me.

~~~

That night I found myself at Calum's house with Ashton playing Just Dance.

"Calum you can't just not do the feet movement!" Ashton declared as he watched Calum and I.

"Shut up Ashton, I do what I want I'm punk rock. Beside I don't think extra movement will help me win, Chai's whopping my ass." I snickered,

"I just practice a lot this is why I'm failing nursing." Ashton snorted and disappeared into the kitchen after I shot him a death glare.

The song ended with me 2 stars ahead of Calum.

"So, have you spoken to Michael since, you know, since you kissed?" He checked the door looking for Ashton, before looking back at me.

I shook my head, my fingers subconsciously playing with the loose thread on my shirt.