Chapter 1

"Chai Calum's cheating! Make him stop!" Michael screeched from the other room.

"I am not, you're just a sore loser. Admit it, you suck at fifa."

"You take that back."

"Chai!"

You'd think that after knowing each other for the past 12 years they'd be able to sort out their own fights. But no, its always me that gets to play ref. My eyes flickered upwards gazing at them over the frames of my glasses as they bounded into the room,

"You're fighting over fifa? Again?" Michael huffed in frustration,

"He's cheating! He keeps pulling on the chord so my controller doesn't work." Calum shoots him a glance of disbelief,

"Michael, they're wireless controllers."

Michael rolled his eyes,

"I would notice if they didn't have cables! I clearly saw you pulling on the cables cheater." Calum sighed, a fair sign that he knew Michael wasn't going to give in.

That was the thing with Michael, he was always convinced that he was right. He was stubborn, and a real ass at times. I'm not sure how Calum and I put up with him for so long.

"Whatever Mikey," Michael watched in confusion as Calum left the room.

"What crawled up his ass?" I tossed a minty at him, hitting his throat.

"Mike I own wireless controllers. I babysit the twins too often to be able to have cables like that laying around, you know that. Are you ok?" He glared at me.

"I'm fine."

Another thing, Michael doesn't like to be babied. He thinks it's a sign of weakness and that he needs to appear strong. That's what his Father always told him.

I held my hands up in surrender,

"Sorry, I just thought you'd remember that." He slouched into the love seat I had positioned facing the Tv, it was Michaels seat.

"Mm just tired, didn't sleep well." He shot me a pointed look telling me not to take it further. Instead I changed the subject.

"Have you seen Tamara lately? You've been on tour since Christmas, I thought you'd spend every breathing minute with her." He sighed, not a good sign.

"You know I always make time for you, you'll always be my number 1 girl." I gave him a look,

"Tell me that in 10 years when you're married with kids." He stuck his tongue out,

"You know what I meant. But anyway, I broke things off with Tammy a few months ago, I though I'd told you." That had my attention.

"Wait what? I remember you professing you're undying love for her at the airport when you left for LA!" He winced, carefully arranging his legs on my coffee table, much to my disgust.

"I know. But we had a fight and she said somethings that were really harsh, but she admitted she'd cheated on me, several times. She said what is the point in being in a relationship when your sex buddy spends half his time in the UK. We didn't even have sex!" His voice expressed little pain and more shock than anything.

"Who needs girls anyway, you're too young!" Calum said flopping ungracefully onto my couch. I frowned disapprovingly,

"You two are a pair of wild animals. You're going to break my furniture." Mike waved off my comment,

"We'd replace it."

"Yeah cause we're punk rock and super famous now! We could buy you a car!" Calum chirped while resting his head on my thigh. I flicked his forehead,