013: Morning of The Spoiled Princess' Birthday

Start from the beginning

Shinyi's head lifts up abruptly with disbelief in his eyes. The previous vagarious feeling washes away at a blink of an eye. His round eyes expands wider as it finally daunts upon him; he was late. His round face with some baby fat still left on their scrunches up as if he has just eaten a sour lemon.

Being finally able to rest without having to look behind him in case he was followed, Shinyi feels that he has become a little too cozy. He chides himself inwardly that he must break off his current habits of being too accustomed to being spoiled and pampered. If not... He would find it much much harder later on.

Yijun admires his (XSY's) facial expressions with amusement. He only wishes at the moment that he could record and take pictures of another memorable moment, but it was unfortunate that his hands were full at the moment and there was no one else here to assist him.

Oblivious to their delight at seeing him like this, Shinyi quickly taps Yijun's shoulder, "Ah! Gege, umm... Let me down. I need to get ready and go see Yu Yu and jiejie!"

In response, Yijun seems to ponder at his request with great contemplation, making Shinyi's eye twitch. A minute passes by, then another whizzes away but Yijun has yet to decide on what to do.

Shinyi pouts and rapidly taps their shoulder again, "Gege! Let me down, please!"

Yijun focus was back onto Shinyi and he smiles wryly. He wanted to help Shinyi get ready but then there was also Qiuyue and Shunyu. He was in a serious deliberation on whether he should put Shinyi down and let him do it by himself, or be the one to assist him but make him even later. It wasn't his intention to stall time or make things hard for his younger brother. He was just... Too absorbed into his thoughts.

Clearing his throat, Yijun places Shinyi back into the ground, "Sorry, I was too lost in my thoughts, Yi'er."

Rubbing the top of his head, Yijun points to the bathroom door, "Go get ready, I'll wait for you outside your room."

Blinking his eyes to recheck what he has just seen, Shinyi swears that he saw Yijun's doggy ears and tail droop in dejection as he spoke. A sense of guilt spreads in his chest as he sees Yijun walk away with his head down. Instinctively, Shinyi reaches out and grabs into the hem of their shirt.

Yijun turns around with a surprised face and lifts a brow, "Yi'er?"

Biting his bottom lip, Shinyi swallows his pride as a man, "Y-You can help me tomorrow, gege." There will be no more chances after this!

Yijun's whole body illuminated as it it was the sun itself as soon as the last words were uttered. It was like the sun had finally shown itself after a million years of gloom and darkness. Shinyi happens to be the poor peasant that changed upon this moment. He covers his eyes with both of his hands to block out some of the bright light as it was too dazzling.

Nodding his head and clearly in a better mood, Yijun wags his imaginary tail as he exits the room. Once outside, he stands guards over the door to the room as if there was a valuable treasure inside.

Shinyi looks at the closed door and shakes his head as he walks to the bathroom. Seeing his own reflection, he touches the tresses of his long platinum blonde hair. Should he cut it? He hasn't done anything else but have the tips of his hair trimmed, as requested by Qiuyue since getting out of the hospital. If one was to look at him, they would get a epicene feel.

Shinyi decides to ask Qiuyue to cut his hair shorter before the event, and puts his hair into simple high ponytail for the time being. He deftly gets ready and goes over to Qiuyue's room with Yijun in tow. Entering the room, Shinyi saw the despondent look on his twin's face and accountable for his (Shunyu's) brooding.