16

After arriving home, I unhooked Shadow from the wagon, guiding him over to the throttle where he could eat, drink, and relax. while I went back and took care of putting the wagon, the saddle, and other things up before picking up my satchel and heading off inside.

Once inside I had cleaned up and made sure everything was tidy since I am not one for a dirty house and I settled into the chair by the fire and relaxed. Thinking about everything as I mourned the love that I felt was done for.

I was about to doze off until a pounding on my door jerked me awake.

I stood and grabbed an iron skillet and opened the door to a very pissed off Falcon.

"What the hell is the meaning of this?" I asked

"You think I am letting you go?" he asked as he allowed himself in and slammed the door behind him.

"Get out Falcon" I ordered but he ignored me.

"I have been gone for more than two weeks dealing with something that my foreman had asked me to deal with," he said

"Like I am gonna believe that," I said, fighting myself and my heart to call it a lie and not trust him.

"You are mine, and I have no reason to lie to you about where I have been or with whom."

I laid the iron skillet down and looked away from him knowing my heart was winning and I was close to believing him even when my mind was yelling at me to call him a liar.

"Before I met you I got a job at the local furniture maker's place and my boss told me that I would have to run some huge orders out to Casper. And then wait for the order they were gonna have brought out to Cheyanne," he explained

"You couldn't have told me this before, I mean we talked about everything. and not once did you bring up you have a job at the furniture makers, or about the delivery to Casper. only mentioned having handyman jobs to build your and your mother's dream cabin."

He looked down and sighed.

"I know and I should have even after that..."

He trailed off and I traced the scar on my jaw from that man who cut me after wanting this land.

"He is the savage, not my people, we don't harm women over property or over anything. Only cowards do."

"I am sorry, Falcon."

"what for?"

I looked up at him and he looked hurt.

"I am the one who never told you I would be away for two weeks. I am the one who made you heartbroken thinking I was ignoring you. Making you feel as though your love for me was useless."

I sniffled and was about to wipe away the tears but he beat me to it as he cups my face and wipes the tears away.

"I am so sorry Ellie," he said, calling me by my name and not a flower.

"I don't want the courting to end till we get married."

He smiled and kissed me sweetly as he picked me up and carried me over to the bed he once used when he stayed the night.

I looked up at him as he sat me down on the bed and stripped away his clothing.

My breath is lost as I look at the beautiful bare man that is standing before me.

Without thinking I reach out and trace his body.

"Thank you, dear God, for this beautiful creation which has come into my life and loves me." I voiced

Falcon chuckled and tilted my head up before bending down kissing me.

I got lost in the kiss so blindingly that I didn't feel him stripping me of my clothes.

I was just enjoying the feeling of him and the touch of his body to pay any mind to anything else.