Evergreen takes a deep breath before lifting the bar above her eyes and pulling it down to her chest. She breathes out and pushes it up again. Over, and over until she adds more weight.

    245 pounds. Thats a 45, 35, and 20 on each side of the 45 pound bar. That’s quite a bit of weight.

    Ever pushes it up again and grunts, it’s not that it’s too heavy, her back is killing her. That dude really did a number on her.

    “You know,” Natasha’s voice catches Evergreen’s attention, “You shouldn’t be lifting that much without a spotter.” The redhead rolls her eyes and racks the bar.

    “I’m fine,” Ever stands and takes off the 20’s, putting 35’s in their place.

    “What happened there?” Natasha’s muses, tilting her head to the side and motioning to Evergreen’s back.

    “Nonya,” Ever sits back on the bench and starts lifting again, the veins in her hands bulging. The bruises on her arms burning.

    “Hmm,” Natasha hums and walks behind the bench, placing her hand on the bar and pushing down, trying to gain Ever’s full attention. Ever grunts and pushes it up, forcing her to move her hand.

    Evergreen stands quickly, “What’s your problem?” Her voice is clipped but demanding, loud but emotionless.

    “I don’t have a problem,” Natasha’s voice matches Ever’s, “I just want to help you.”

    “Well,” Ever starts to walk away from her and towards the bags, “I don’t need help.”

    “Seems like it,” Natasha rolls her eyes, her voice dripping with sarcasm. Ever wraps her hands slowly, trying to remember how she got the deep scar on her left hand.

    “Yep,” Again, their voices match. Ever throws her fist into the bag, making it swing on it’s metal chain.

    The blonde watches the redhead, the way her muscles move against her bruised back, the speed of her punches, the way she digs her heel into the ground and throws her weight into the punch.

    Evergreen hates Natasha watching her, but she isn’t going to let her know that. It reminds the redhead of her instructor in HYDRA. Just thinking about that evil women pisses Ever off.

    Ever’s punches start getting a greater force behind them as Ever thinks of the women with pale blonde hair and icy blue eyes. Not like Bucky’s blue eyes, a pale, ice blue. The kind that makes you feel like they can see into your soul.

    “What are you thinking about?” Natasha pries, noticing how Ever is creating a divot in the bag, as if the seams are about to bust.

    “That is none of your concern,” Ever pants as she throws another punch, the bag swinging back and forth on its metal chain. She grabs it, steadying the bag and panting. Tears brim her eyes as memories flash in her eyes.

    Ever’s forehead rests against the bag as she blinks, a tear or two sliding down her cheeks.

    She quickly wipes them and starts on the bag again. Every punch is agonizing as her back muscles tighten.

    Evergreen hides her pain well, but Natasha notices how her jaw clenches and her fists tighten with every hit.

    “I’m not mad,” Ever stops the bag from swinging and looks at Natasha, confusion in her gaze, “For when you almost broke my wrist.”

    “Oh,” Ever shrugs and goes back to hitting the bag.

    “I understand what it’s like to not want to remember things,” The gym doors open and in walks Clint. He was going to meet up with Natasha and sparr, but he sees her talking to Ever instead.