12

"...Halloween. Where you can be someone else for just a night..."

    “So what’s this Halloween you keep talking about?” Ever talks into her speaker as she cleans her room. Peter called her and started talking about how him and his friend Ned are thinking of going to a Halloween party.

    “You don’t know what Halloween is?” You can practically hear Peter’s jaw drop.

    “I fell from the sky and stayed in HYDRA for a long ass time. No, I have no idea what Halloween is,” Evergreen folds up her shirt and tucks it away in a drawer. Her bedroom door opens and in walks Bucky. Sitting criss cross on her bed.

    “Halloween is where kids dress up and go door to door asking for candy,” Peter explains.

    “So kids throw on masks and go begging for candy? Why?”

    “I don’t know the history of it, Ever,” Oh you know he is rolling his eyes, “They just do.” Bucky grabs a pillow and throws it at Evergreen, trying to gain her attention. She furrows her eyebrows and spins to look at him. He has a mischievous grin on his cheeks as she shrugs.

    “Well, you should go to that party if you want,” Ever offers and throws the pillow back at him. Bucky scoffs and grabs her by the waist, pulling her on the bed where they start play fighting.

    “Peter…” Ever says between muffled giggles, “I'm going to have to call you back.” She reaches over and ends the call before Bucky starts tickling her.

    “Bucky…” Ever pries at his hands and squirms, “Stop!” She lets out a laugh and scrunches her eyes together. Bucky falls over next to her, bubbling with laughter.

    “Oh you think it’s funny, huh?” Ever raises her eyebrows playfully.

    “Yeah,” Bucky nods, “I do actually.”

    “Hmm, lets see how funny you find this,” In a quick flash, Ever has Bucky pinned to the bed, holding his metal arm behind his back, “Apologise.”

    Bucky just grins, “Never.”

    “Do it!” Ever demands and shifts her weight to hold him down better.

    “Okay! Okay,” Ever lets go and falls back on the bed next to Bucky.

<>

    “The Avengers were invited to a Halloween party in a few days,” Tony says between bite of his food. They got takeout again.

    “Aren’t half of us fugitives?” Wanda raises her eyebrows and stabs at her food with chopsticks.

    “Hence the reason it’s a Halloween party. We’re all going, and we will all look great,” Tony’s voice proves there's no arguing with him.

    “Yeah, because no one’s gonna notice the two muscle men over here,” Ever shakes her head and takes another bite. She is really bad to using chopsticks.

    “Shortstop has a point,” Sam points at her with his chopsticks.

    “I’m not short,” Evergreen grumbles into her food. Bucky smiles and shakes his head, bumping his shoulder against hers. Ever is actually pretty short compared to the guys.

    “We’re going,” Ever groans at Tony’s words. She’s never been to a party before, that she can remember, and she barely even knows what Halloween is.

    “Hey, we can help you get ready,” Wanda gestures to herself and Natasha before taking another bite.

    “Thanks,” Ever mumbles before finishing her food.