Chapter 9 - Behind Curtains

Start from the beginning

Next were followed by Argeroyce, Cyborgs, the Cleeta Tribe of the Zaitti, the Ferrna Tribe of the Zaitti, the Suyoy Ringgo of the planet Albabass, the infamous Equilibri and many more to count.

"The food and accommodation rates would rise soon, so we should be nifty-"

"Us Megatris can offer another peace treaty. The business is getting slightly messy."

"Uchū wa dondon hirogatte imasu. Hoshi wa motto fukai ni natte imasu. Kore wa kamigami kara no saindesu ka?"

"Why in the world are you speaking in Japanese, sir?"

Finally, it came to a human spokesman- Sage the Fifteenth- to speak.

Sage was a tall woman with olive skin and dark hair hurried in a turban. Her green eyes were rather mismatching with her calm features, as they were eccentric and like lightning strikes. She wore a simple yellow dress and beaded red necklace. Said Sage, "Thank you, Time, for giving me time to speak. Us humans, we've done our final contributions to the Clock by giving it the ultimate source..." She paused for a dramatic gesture. "The Electricity."

A tall alien asked, "What electricity? We have electric cars, electric spaceships, even electric.... everything!" An alien of the same species muttered in their national language. It pointed at the stone and marble features around the room.. "Well, to be specific and exact- nearly everything."

"I meant... the ultimate source of Electricity. On Planet Dargevous, one of our inhabited planets by the Humans- in the same galaxy sixty planets away from the star Canis Majoris." Some awed and clapped. Continued Sage, "And not just any Electricity. But everlasting... and forever."

After silence, there was clapping. Not the several crowded ones like before, but a lonely one; by Time. Just Time. The figure coughed again to catch everyone's attention and finally said, "Alright, now the awaited news!" Everyone cheered. Time hollered dismissively, "Okay! So, first of all we'll have additional guest members- the Morgene- to see our progress. If it is successful... the International Law Department may put all of our work into credit in their upcoming book Projectus Potestate!" There were nods and a round of clapping from all.

"Next, we are proud to say that our fellow humans and the Equilibri have partnered up to make a new inhabitable planet called Earth, set to finish in about 130 million years so mark your calendars!" Polite clapping were given to both the species. "And lastly, my favorite and most important news of all..." Suddenly, the entire room of alien democrats, republicans and communists became tense and pin-drop quiet.

Time raised an eye. "Wow, that was easy. Yes, so I have been thinking about something quite lately. You see, the Clock would not always be safe. I might be gone once it's finished- but that wouldn't be a huge matter." Time coughed, choking on some of the words. "Well, I am in desperate need of one race that can guard the Clock- and maybe me too. And I have already chosen." Murmurs swept around the room like wind in the air. Once it had quiet down, Time continued, "This will be very questioning to you all- but I have faith that the race of the Equilibri can guard my golden grave safe and sound."

Silence. Really awkward silence.

Then an outrage rang in the room. The Equilibri weren't that very liked even before they turned evil. Their horrible purple skin and creepy fangs were worse than the horrendous metal skins of the Cyborgs. To a lot of aliens, the Equilibri is a terrifying creature- considered an outcast to all.

Yells were heard from the humans. Growls were heard from the Eastern Yabonnese. The Argeroyce complained like crazy. It was a complete disaster. Banging on the table, the rattling of chairs, it was all there. It was an unexpected tragedy to Time's meeting.

Finally, Time ordered, "Silence!" The room quieted down slightly. "Shame on you, you blastardious aliens! You act like the rampage of a Rock Dragon. Shouting, complaining- that's not what we do." Time sighed. "This project is to unite us all. Not to divide ourselves. Isn't that how wars start? Now, the lot of you go back to your planets and think again of what you've done."

The aliens went back like nothing had ever happened.

But not the Equilibri. They still held their grudge against the whole lot.

Nothing was ever the same ever again.

Once in a while, there would be a war or two every month. It would be a fuss between the Equilibri and some other alien species. Their mutualism turned into burning hatred. They trusted no one. But Time still trusted them, and let them guard the Clock. Planets were bombed. Bloodshed was everywhere. But yet, Time still trusted the Equilibri like an old friend.

Millenniums later, most aliens would forget the wars. But they would not forgot their despise of the Equilibri. And their despise of Time- how Time trusted the Equilibri to this so-special job and how Time took away so many lives every second.

Time was unfair.

Time was cruel.

Time seemed good.

But it made them look like fools.

And the aliens were sick of it.

So the aliens who used to be Time's allies, friends and anything else but close to heart locked Time up in the confinement building with the deadly weapon. No food. No water (well, a poisonous pool of water to be exact) and no help. All useless, like a dead star.

But the Equilibri remained faithful to their job, nevertheless. They remained fighting their battles on the now-known Gregorax, protecting what supposed to be Time's 'home' and not letting anyone enter. You would always here their reasons to do so, saying either it was just their job or they wanted revenge on the so-called 'trustful' or 'loyal' aliens.

And then, they kill you.

Of course, unless you're as swift as Crimson or as cunning as Jake, you wouldn't be safe on that extremely restricted planet.

And as Time grows older by the very second, so does the generations that keep replacing each other and how they think. Fact becomes legend becomes myth becomes fairytale. Simple. Such wars would be exaggerated to look like the humans were just, the Argeroyce were friendly and whatnot. But as much as fairytales are a lie, so as this big bunch of folly talk.

And their beliefs kept shaping to this one perfect circle where (as to the Equilibri) aliens but them are just greedy and full of trickery while (according to the other aliens) Equilibris were horrid and whiny, attacking something either for a reason or no reason at all. And everyone has different views about it because of the many stories the races make and pass down from generation to generation, like always.

And Time? Time remains watching over you, counting your days and hours of living as a pastime. Time roams the second-highest floor of the confinement building where they also kept the now-ending Doomsday Clock. And as Time grows older, Time awaits for something to happen.

Of course, other than taking a life or etc. You know, it wouldn't be as much fun waiting inside one room for who-knows-how-long.

And the stories? No one said it right. One would say during the Battle of Rakskure Cove, the Yabonnese won in fifteen minutes. Some others would tell you it were the Equilibri that won, and enslaved the Yabonnese for an eon or so. But they are just stories, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't believe in them- no?

And now... you might be wondering where in that tunnel would Crimson and Jake be? Oh alright, it's back to the story- but may I warn you that things are going to get slightly, very very slightly...

Double.