13.

It was Cameron, Hanna, Hailey and that whole group.

I immediately looked down in the table and tried not to make any of them notice me. But of course they did.

Hailey: Oh, look who we have here.

Then Hanna yelled across the room;

What the fuck? Why you here?

I didn't even give them a look.

Hailey: Oh now she can't hear just like she can't stay at home.

Hanna: Wasn't it fun with her last night Cameron? I hope you raped her or something. Then maybe you'd realize she's not close to my level, if you know what I mean.

Hanna and Hailey both laughed hysterically.

So, Hanna is Cameron's ex who cheated on him. wow.

Hailey: Or maybe she's just a whore that wanted some, but then she got cold feet.

Hanna: Probably!

Cameron didn't say anything he just walked a little away and it looked like he acted as if he didn't hear it. So they turned to me.

Hailey: You can't just ignore us, like your friends ignore you.

They walked closer and I looked up. They'd created a group, but I couldn't see Cameron joining the group.

Me: Hello girls.

Hailey: So, now you're tryna be nice to us.

Hanna: Maybe you've changed your mind about our offer from Friday?

I shook my head.

Me: Not really.

Hanna: Good because we don't want anybody who will just randomly disappear.

Hailey: Good one!

They both laughed and walked up to my table to the point of them being almost all up in my face, and it created so much attention. I could see they were about to say something when Cameron said from the background;

Girls, just get over here.

He stood by the food.

When they after some consideration decided to go over there, I could see Cameron saying something like;

"We don't wanna waste any more time on her, right?"

But I couldn't actually hear it.

——

After 10 minutes I saw the girls enter the canteen all together.

They instantly noticed me.

Cameron's group had all sat down at their usual table. A few people had passed me and either thrown paper or food at me.

The girls walked right by Hanna and Hailey. Their table got quiet. I stood up and walked toward the girls.

I could hear Hanna and Hailey being like;

Is she just gonna walk by them?

That loser...

I pointed to the girls for us to go outside. They understood and we walked side-by-side out to the parking lot.

Ava: We didn't think you'd show up today.

Me: Yea, uhm... about that-

Mia: You don't have to explain.