8.

"this could be something, herron." - limelight999

chapter 8 - problems

——

I was cleaning the dishes.

None of them had eaten anything. They were literally all so stubborn. I was just staring into the water. I had the soap in my hands, I just kept pouring and mixing it with the water. 

Noa took the soap out of my hands and placed it on the table. Then he stopped the water from running. He stood right next to me.

Noa: Pen?

Me: Yes.

Noa: What's going on?

Me: What do you mean?

He flicked in front of me making me surprised.

Noa: That.

I looked him in the eyes.

Me: I'm fine. But guys on the other hand...

Noa: Did we do anything wrong?

I closed my eyes and sighed quietly.

Noa: I mean I know Marco was a fkn idiot and so was Mason but like...

Noa: What Penny?

Me: Nothing.

Noa: Obviously something.

Me: You don't get it?

Noa: No, but do you?

He had a smile on his face.

He continued;

Noa: 'Cause last time I checked you were MY LITTLE SISTER.

His smile disappeared.

Me: Noa, see. I don't wanna start a fight with you right now. That's not how i wanna solve problems.

Noa: Fight? Really? Please tell me what's wrong with ME apparently. Tell me your problems.

I was so tired of this.

Me: I'm not like you. Or Mason. Or Marco. Or August. I've seen you guys fight my whole life. But the worst part is that you four can't see beyond your own problems.

I said it in a chill tone.

Noa: WHAT?! That's what this is about? Who feels so bad right now, that would be worse than this?

Me: Think. A lot of people.

Noa: Yea, the poor kids in Africa, but what do you know about that, huh?

Me: Noa. I don't wanna talk about this, but upstairs is a man who must be even more tired than me from hearing all of you. He's been fighting. For so long. And this is what he gets in return? For one day all his children are home. And then they fight? Can you see how thin he's becoming? He works so damn much. At work so many hours, constantly thinking about it. And then he comes home, to work even more. To refill mom's place.

I continued: To make us spoiled kids satisfied. And he's done everything he possibly can. Given us everything. Every single fkn thing we own he's given us. Except that fkn anger you have at each other. You should be old enough now to at least stay in the same room not fighting, but you can't unless he's there. Even though he once taught us it. It's not fkn fair. He doesn't have a family, a life anymore. He has 5 kids, not liking each other. Thinking we have "problems". We don't. None of us.