Chapter 1 - First Flight

Start from the beginning

Crimson could also tell that her Grandfather- or any of the Roth family members- didn't want her to join the Intergalactic Aviatrix Army. Of course, there's a large possibility of death- her death- and that wouldn't be at all good news to her family. So all Crimson could do was to dream about flying a space ship and all. She didn't know when that dream would end.

•••

It was Enüj the 24th, the year 52560 and also known as the Junior Aviator's Tournament. The Tournament tested all of those who were of age to try and fly a Bingo 200. Of course, Crimson knew how to fly a Bingo 200, but she couldn't fly a Bingo 200. All she did was picture her fly, pressing all those buttons that resulted in a fantastic ride.

On that day; Crimson, her parent and her brother Otis would sit on the second-floor Balcony and spectate the race. Crimson enjoyed the thrill of it- the dust flying in the air and the zoom sound of the ships' engines. It would be unfortunate to watch the race on the first floor though, because sand would be blowing into your hair and discombobulating your sight of the magnificent vehicles, you could barely see them at all!

And Crimson's favorite Aviator? She didn't know who to pick. But if she had to, her favorite would be Chester Caspian; a 25-year-old Aviator who has won many golden medals and trophies for his outstanding career in Flight. He was very attractive, with his long brown hair in a ponytail and fantastic wardrobe choices. Crimson really wanted to have his great skills... She really did...

The Roth family took a seat on the highest floor, so they would be able to spectate the race from high above. Otis was not a fan of racing, though he did enjoy the thrill, and pressed his chest onto the railed balcony. "When is the race  starting? This is boring; waiting is so boring," Otis wailed, slumping down to his seat.

"In a few minutes," Crimson said. Their parents had gone down to the second floor of the spectator's seats to get a few good snacks. "You have an Aviator you're rooting for? I'm excited for Chester Caspian to win. He's such a sweetheart, and so good in the 'art of flying' you won't believe how many Tournaments he's won!"

Otis groaned, "Yeah, right." He pointed at a burly, green alien with a red Mohawk waited outside the ship. It just wore a white shirt that covered its slimy, scaly skin and wore it with a matching tuxedo. "There, you see? Gaia the Second, also known as Macho 'Ace' Master. He's really cool!"

"Macho lost against Chester. He lost again. Ditto," Crimson retorted, not at all on the same boat as her younger brother. "No way Macho would win against Chester- it's going to make headlines. And Macho never makes it to the headlines." She took out a couple of moonstones. "What? You wanna gamble?"

Otis took out his; it was a slightly larger amount than Crimson's. "Mom told us not to. But..." he placed three of his moonstones onto the chair's arm. "I bet this amount that Chester's going to win."

Crimson shook her head. She placed four more moonstones. "Loser," she mocked, grinning cheekily. Otis' cheeks blushed red and sneered wickedly. He added two. Crimson added five more. He pile kept adding up until they both had no more moonstones left. Crimson said, "Look, if Chester wins, I get the entire lot. If Macho wins, you bring home the entire pile. Deal?" Otis nodded, and they both shook hands- it didn't last long, because they hid back their moonstones in their bags once their parents arrived.

The race began as the horn blared outside. And the space ships were off. They weren't literally spaceships, but tiny prototypes so the competing Aviators and Aviatrixes could play and hover above the sand without causing that much havoc. There was still chaos via the ultimate goal; you'd have to knock out the other players and if you don't, then your main goal is to reach the finish line first.