14. Spitfire's Humanity

As soon as Rachel stopped speeding down the streets of New York she let Steve go so she could help civilians

As soon as Rachel stopped speeding down the streets of New York she let Steve go so she could help civilians. The two were clearly on the same pace as Steve ran ahead without hesitation, jumping over cars and soon disappeared into the midst of the battle.

Rachel helped civilians to buildings and the subway keeping them off the streets and using her speed whenever possible.

"Get to the subway!" She yelled as a family ran out from hiding upon her orders. They nodded and rushed away as Rachel shot down Chitauri that didn't seem to stop coming.

She searched for anyone who needed help when a woman cried behind her.

"My daughter!" She cried making Rachel snap her head in the mother's direction. "I can't find her!"

"How long has she been gone?" Rachel asked.

"I turned around for a moment and she was gone." The woman panicked looking around for any sign of her daughter. "She's only ten."

"I'll find her. Get to the subway."

"What about you?" She asked concerned.

"I'll try to not die." Rachel admits. "I'll do all I can. Go." The terrified woman nodded hesitantly before she ran towards the steps of the subway and Rachel turned to look around carefully at her surroundings. "Steve we have a missing girl! Ten year old. If you find her take her to the subway."

"Copy that!"  Steve shouts into the intercom as Rachel shot down three more Chitauri as she continued the search for the little girl.

"C'mon!" She shouts to herself as civilians ran into the subways and she ran and jumped over a nearby car continuously shooting down more and more Chitauri.

A sudden high pitched scream caught Rachel's instant attention hoping it was the little girl and sped towards where she thought the voice was coming from. As she turned the corner she was knocked down forcefully rolling over fallen rocks and the concrete.

She looked up slowly and angrily to see a Chitauri and she sped towards it with her speed smashing its head into a wall as the scream from moments before was getting louder. The Chitauri fell at her feet as she let go of its neck before roundhouse kicking the one behind her and shot it in the head.

"Hey! Kid! Where are you?!" Rachel shouts in hopes the girl could hear her. She only got another scream in return. A scream of pure fear sending Rachel into panic mode.

She jumped on top of a nearby car to get a better view but she got a better view of the damage more than anything. The debris from building beside the streets littered the roads and cars had been set a flame, turned over or exploded. Chitauri flying all over the place on their chariots and leviathans causing more destruction. Rachel has never seen anything so catastrophic.

She paused her thoughts as she closed her eyes sensing everything around her before searching every nook and cranny for the girl. Turned over cars, alleyways, you name it.