3. 1941

Rachel,

Rachel,

Hey darling, it's your dad.

You know I've been away a lot recently with work and you know that one day... I might never see you again.

This job requires a lot of courage and strength. A lot I know in my heart you took from me... and if I don't come back... I want you to stay strong for me honey.

The boys have me out on the frontlines protecting the future of Britain. That includes you. Everyday I spend away is another day I'm protecting you.

Protecting has been in the Falsworth name for generations. Although I don't have Falsworth blood. I know you do.

I want you to carry on the Falsworth legacy:

Protect and serve your country. Just like you always wanted.

If not for me. For Uncle James...

I love you... so much.

Love from,

Dad.

Rachel folded her father's letter back up and placed it within a secure pocket within her new jacket. Or old if you mean by when it was that jacket would've been made originally.

Rachel looked down at her new uniform. A white shirt underneath a nice midway grey and high waisted trousers in the same colour with black boots. She was not wearing a skirt. No chance. She had every necessary item she needed including change of clothes which would have to last her a long time...

She was quite impressed by the forties and did like the way they worked and everything... obviously apart from the whole rights thing... civilly and all things considered a bad thing.

"So, you were chosen for the mission." Rachel rolled her eyes at the sound of her fellow partner in spying. "Not surprised.."

"Don't you have a mission to attend to without me? Another woman for you to... save... Bond...." James Bond smirked at Rachel's response as he walked into the room.

"I will when your gone. Back in time." Bond sadly replies.

"If you have a speech in your back pocket you forgot to learn forget it. All I've had are soppy sad stories." Rachel said turning around so she could pick up a pistol.

"If your going to shoot me because of one thing I said this would be considered concerning." James replied motioning to the pistol.

"It hasn't been loaded." Rachel replies. "Not yet." James took a slow step back knowing she wasn't joking with an unsure look on his face.

"Rach." James started looking at Rachel carefully as she picked up her duffel back from the floor.

"Yes James...?" Rachel asked smirking at her friend and colleague of three years.

"Kick this guys ass for me. I want to know my hero went in the ice to save the world. Not a bullet to his head." James said with a sad but serious tone. Captain America had a big effect on his life and his legacy persuaded him to even begin his career as a spy.

"You got it." Rachel assured holding her hand out for him to shake. He did place his hand in hers lifting it up and down slowly. He held it for a couple more seconds before bringing her in for a tight hug. Rachel was surprised by the gesture as she was never hugged by James but she accepted it and wrapped her arms around his torso with a small smile.

"I'll see you soon then Bond..." Rachel concludes slowly as they leave each other's embrace.

"Will do Falsworth..."

- -

"You ready?" Jack Tarr asked Rachel as she entered the dimly lighted room.

"Never been ready for anything..." Rachel admitted gripping the duffle bag tighter as she walked towards her boss.

"Okay..." Jack muttered picking up the two circular transporter disks from before. "These bad boys only work once. Green for your jump in a couple minutes and the blue one is set for this year. Possibly a couple weeks maybe a month after you leave." Rachel nodded along as Jack explained on and on about very necessary information.

"Okay." Rachel started. "Just one thing." Jack raised his eyebrows as scientists began to make their way into the room. "What do I do when I get there?"

"Tell him who you are... truthfully." Jack explained making Rachel look up at him confused.

"What?"

"You'll see." Jack assured placing a hand on her shoulder before motioning her to move towards the other end of the room.

Rachel gulped nervously as the two made their way over to the scientists one of which approached the two.

"Agent Falsworth, Director Tarr." The scientists greets, her Scottish accent thick. "Falsworth, during your... extraordinary trip back in time there may be effects such a temporary blindness, deafness and other such things so don't be alarmed but we can't confirm this seen as... no one has ever been back in time... before..." Rachel looked at the scientists unsure expression and although it made her feel more nervous Rachel did understand why. Like she had said no one has ever been back in time so unproven effects were possible.

"Cool..." Rachel nodded. "Good to know." The scientist rushed along moving away from the two as they prepared to examine what would happen.

"You'll be okay. Whatever happens." Jack assures. "Most importantly... no pressure. Just saving the timeline..." Rachel slowly nods as Jack held his hand out towards Rachel for what probably would feel like the last. She accepted the gesture shaking her bosses hand as the second in command before he stepped away smiling confidently in her direction.

"Start the tape." Jack called out. "Today, we here at MI6 may be just about to witness a forever changing phenomenon: Time travel." Rachel took a deep breath in as she held the green disk in her hand. "Agent Rachel Falsworth is the first human behind military intelligence eyes to attempt the journey on the mission to set time right. Currently she is the second worldwide that we know of to undergo such travel and is challenged with taking down the Agent we believe is out to assassinate Captain Steven Grant Rogers. Falsworth's mission: to make sure that he goes into the ice like time wanted to. Time set at: 1941." Rachel twisted the disk in her hand as she listened intently at the voice echoing behind her. "Falsworth will be travelling in 5. 4. 3..." Rachel turned towards her boss for the last time who nodded smirking in her direction... "2... 1... go save our Captain Falsworth..." and with those words Rachel, very unconfidently clicked the green button creating a portal before she was forced by reflex to jump in.

-1941-

Rachel gasped as she fell (not so gracefully) onto the floor once exiting the portal startling the person she didn't know was in the room.

"Ow..." Rachel muttered to herself as she got to her knees, her hand on her temple as it pounded.

"How on Earth?" The man exclaimed making Rachel's eyes widen in surprise grabbing her new (yet old) pistol and aiming it at the person to only realise it was more than one person. Realising who they were Rachel dropped her gun out of surprise.

"Dr Erskine..." the older man's head tilted slightly in curiosity at Rachel. "Howard... Stark..." Howard's already shocked expression became even wider at Rachel as she said his name.

"How did you even get here?!" Howard exclaimed suddenly as Rachel stood up slowly chuckling nervously.

"Time travel..."