1. Loki and The Tesseract

James Bond leapt out of his Jeep as he rushed towards one of S

James Bond leapt out of his Jeep as he rushed towards one of S.H.I.E.L.D's many facilities. This one was currently being evacuated and Fury wouldn't tell him why and he was told to get there as fast as possible.

He stopped running towards the entrance when he saw Nick Fury and Maria Hill step out of his helicopter with an agent greeting him. James rushed over holding his hand above his head because of the wind blowing around him and Fury soon noticed his presence.

"How bad is it?!" Fury yelled over the sound over the helicopter behind him as he stopped beside Maria Hill.

"That's the thing Sir." The other Agent replies. "We don't know."

"Don't know what?" James asked concerned when he got to Fury's side and all they did was exchange concerned glances.

- -

"Dr Selvig read an energy surge from the tesseract four hours ago." The man who James didn't originally know until now as Phil Coulson explained as they walked into an area completely unknown to James.

"NASA didn't authorise Selvig to go to the test phase." Fury acknowledged walking at a fast pace beside him.

"He wasn't testing it." Coulson corrected. "He wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous event."

"It just turned itself on?" Hill asked in disbelief.

"How is that even possible?" James asked adding onto the disbelief.

"Where are the energy readings now?" Fury asked avoiding the questions Maria and James were enquiring behind him and Coulson.

"Climbing." Coulson states. "When Selvig couldn't shut it down we ordered evac." He then continued.

"How long to get everyone out?" Fury asked noticing many scientists and agents rushing around him.

"Campus should be clear in the next half hour."

"Do better." Fury orders as Coulson slows down moving out of the way nodding in Fury's direction as James, Maria and Fury continue walking forwards at a fast pace.

- -

"Sir, evacuation may be futile." Maria starts as the three at a steady pace walk down the metal steps which echoed as their feet came in contact with them.

"We should tell them to go back to sleep?" Fury sarcastically assumes as he walks in front.

"If we cant control the tesseract's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance." Maria argues as they reach the bottom.

"That won't happen... will it?" James assumed. "I'm surprised by the look of its readings it hasn't gone critical yet."

"I need the Phase 2 prototypes shipped out."

"What's 'Phase 2'?" James asked cluelessly raising an eyebrow.

"Sir, is that really a priority right now?" Maria asks in a serious manner by raising her voice slightly.