We walked hand in hand back outside to my car. "Where you wanna eat?" I asked.

"You pick."

"Nigga it's your break." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Fast food or dine in?" He asked.

"Dine in. You eat too much fast food, sis. Is that a gut I see?" I poked his stomach as he stale faced me.

"Aye chill out on me. I be at the gym... sometimes."

I backed out of the spot and hit the road again. I chose to drive around until I found somewhere that looked interesting. "You want some burgers?"

"Some? Bro do I really look that fat?" Keon looked down at his stomach and started feeling on it. I laughed at his silliness and pulled into Five Guys.

He ordered for me and I sat down at a table for two, smacking on the peanuts that were left out. My phone kept vibrating from the multiple texts and calls from Des. I slammed it down and Keon came and sat with me. "Everything good?"

"Yeah," I nodded.  

"You ever talk to that other nigga you was worried about?"

"Yup. He wasn't mad at me. And his name is Shawn."

Keon rolled his eyes. "Yeah, whateva'."

For some reason, he didn't really wanna meet my other friends. Keon was really the loner type, and I noticed that the more we talked. Whenever he wasn't busy he was always alone. He didn't have any pictures of his friends, nor did he ever talk about them.

"Yo, when are you gonna let me introduce you to everybody?" They know of him, but they never met him before. Neisha and A seen him before, too.

"Cause them folks yo' groupies, and I would neva' be yo groupie."

I scrunched up my face. "How?"

"They stay kissing yo' ass. I am not finna do that, sis."

"You got sumn' to say?" I bucked at him. They called our order number and he went to go get the food. I filled my cup with Sprite and went back to our table. He set the bag down and went to go get his drink.

"So what was you saying?" I cocked my head to the side. He coming for my friends now. It's a problem.

"I said, they be telling you what you wanna hear and doing whatever you say. Keon will neva' do that."

"Well Keon is a dummy. And you really just made that up," I ate a handful of fries. Ada are Shawn too opinionated to not tell me wassup. And Kaiden just don't stop talking.

"Nah, think about it."

He took a huge bite out of his burger. Sauce was dripping down his face, so I threw a napkin at him. He dabbed his face and continued talking. "You and that nigga both bugging, but haven't nobody said nothing yet."

"And I know that was him on yo' phone." My ears turned red. He wasn't lying at all, but I didn't really feel like talking about Desmond. After all, I did come to escape him. I get out the house and I immediately am faced with people talking about dude. "Talk shit about Des on your own time. Try and mind your  business, too."

Suddenly, I wasn't in the mood to eat.

"Don't be mad, I'm just lookin' out for ya'." He tapped my nose with his dirty fingers. "Alright now when I get a pimple on my face then that's yo' ass." I swiped the sauce off my face and continued eating.

"See this?" He took a bite of his burger, which was almost gone. "What am I looking at? This is why I called you fat earlier." The smile on his face turned into a mean mug. "Neva'mind then, forget the whole joke since you wanna be rude."

"Don't hate the player, hate the game." I shrugged my shoulders.

We finished up eating and talked for an hour. It really did help get my mind off things. It was almost time for him to get back to the studio. Really, I wish we could just stay and chill some more. But I have to realize I'm not the only one with a life.

"Why you got me driving you around like I'm an Uber or sumn'?" He smacked his teeth, "Nigga just drive." I entered the parking lot and tried to back into a spot.

"No, pull around to the back."

There weren't any cars back there but many empty spaces. The crowd from earlier must have been gone by now. I shut the engine off and waited for him to get out. I had some texts from the girls and decided to respond to all of them. I opened Desmond's texts so the read receipts could come on. As soon as he seen I read it, the three dots came up and he was typing.

I shut my phone off and turned to Keon. "So what exactly are you waiting on?" I side-eyed him. I didn't plan on being here for this long and I was getting a little sleepy.

He just licked his lips, making my ears turn fill with heat. I'm lucky I'm dark-skinned.

"What?"

"Look, ma. Imma just be real witchu'. No games."

He leaned over the seat and planted a kiss on my lips. I put my hand on his neck and deepened the kiss. He placed kisses from my cheeks to my neck, lighting my skin on fire.

I pushed him off of me and straddled him. I placed his hands on my chest and he continued to leave hickies on my neck.

I know this is the same shit I got mad at Eli for. He cheated on me and I left him for that. But I see why now, I see the reason behind it. Carmen was just better than me. Just like Keon is better than Des.

Keon's hands moved from my chest to my ass, gripping it hard. I moved my hips slowly on top of him, feeling him harden under me. I don't know what I'm getting myself into, but I don't care. Not right now.

I leaned down and kissed him harder, grabbing his face with both of my hands. "You sure, Sai?"

I nodded.