Lance x Reader - Smells Like Cinnamon

Smut rating: 1

Word count: 469

~§~

"Hey, (Y/N)! Wait up!"

You turn behind you to see your dirty blonde friend running up behind you, barely balancing an armful of textbooks. She stops by your side, panting with the effort.

"Need a hand, Pidge?" you laugh as she attempts to balance a fallen biology textbook on the top of her tedious pile. Before she can reject your help, you grab two books and tuck them under your arm.

"So..." she starts, "how was your favorite class?" She raises her eyebrows suggestively and you run your hand through your (H/C) hair, blushing.

"Come on Pidgeon! He hasn't so much as looked my way for the past week. I doubt he even..."

You trail off as Pidge starts frantically raising her eyebrows at you. You blink a few times at her before she mouths "behind you" and you freeze up, suddenly feeling a hand touch your shoulder.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" says the oh-so-familiar voice you've started to dream of over the past year. You turn behind yourself to see Lance McClain's deep blue eyes looking into your (E/C) ones, causing your face to grow hot. He flashes his signature, playboy smile. "It's been a while, how are you?"

"I'm-" you struggled to think of something even somewhat interesting to say- "I'm doing a good time!" you spit out. Great.

Lance smirks and your face turns an even deeper red than before. There's gotta be some weird reason for this, you think. He hasn't so much as said a word to me for a month!

"Well," you start again, "how have you-"

"Lance McClain!" calls the voice of Veronica, his sister. "Your class starts in two minutes, and it's in the other building! Move it!" She turns sharply on her heel and strides into Mr. Thace's classroom.

Lance sighs. "My bad, gotta dash, see you later?" he says, more of a question than a plan.

You nod quickly. "Yeah, sounds- uh, fun."

He flashes that perfect smile again and inches a little bit toward you. What is happening? His face is so close that you can feel his hot breath, and you almost freeze up in the moment. As a last second decision, you lean in and close your eyes, ready.

The kiss you so hope for never arrives. Your eyes flutter open to see Lance tilting his face toward the top of your head, to your surprise (and disappointment).

"What conditioner do you use?" he asks. His face moves away from your head slowly and he gives you that dazzling smirk again. "Smells like cinnamon."

He walks away before you can give an answer, leaving you confused and starstruck. What? You hear a snicker from behind you.

"Did you actually just-"

"No," you reply to your giggling friend. "Don't say a word, Pidgeon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading! I kept this chapter short to start off, but trust me, the chapters will get much much longer.

Please leave feedback, it's always appreciated! Have a lovely day!

~Sky