Chapter Ten

Natsu P.O.V.

I reread the text message on my screen. Surely it's not real, right? It's just a prank, right? Right?

"Something wrong, Natsu?" the blonde tried to look over my phone. Luckily, I held Lucy down by pushing her away from the phone. "Now I know that you're hiding something, what is it?!"

"I," I racked my brain to think up an excuse. "I have this anime fan club to go to and it's honestly kind of embarrassing."

"Anime?" Lucy cocked her head. "Is that a food?"

"O-oh," I stared at her in bewilderment, trying not to laugh. "I-it's a type of TV entertainment."

I couldn't hold it in any longer and I burst out laughing. I was rolling on the floor and trying to gather myself. My exclamations of laughter echoed through the empty hallways.

"H-hey!" Lucy was blushing profusely. "Well I don't know much about those types of things because I've never really experienced it!"

I stopped laughing immediately, which shocked her as I came face-to-face with her. "You've never experienced it?" I muttered, staring into her face.

"I-I never-," I cut off her stutters by grabbing her arm and dragging us out the halls and into the dorms. I opened the door to my dorm and pushed her onto the bed to wait. I then ran towards the TV, connecting it to the computer and looking for a good anime site.

"Hey!" she hit me on the head. "You can't just drag a woman into your own room for no apparent reason! If anyone caught us, then we would both get into trouble! Speaking of trouble we also need to get to cla-"

"Shush," I clamped my hand over her mouth. Her protests were muffled squeaks and soon died down.

Thank God she didn't lick my palm.

I finally found the right show and started it up.

"What is this?" Lucy stared in amusement at the screen. There was a teenager sitting in his chair looking at a computer with an annoying (yet funny) blue program on the huge screen behind him, frolicking around.

"It's anime," I smirked at her round eyes that were glued on the animations. "Mekaku City Actors, to be exact."

We both sat in silence, watching the characters on the screen. Lucy laughed when a hooded figure bumped into the teenager (whose name was Shintaro) and then he began to apologize, not the hooded figure and she cried out in surprise when the terrorists kidnapped the protagonist. She then proceeded to cheer when he was able to escape, but shouted a defiant, "No!" when he fainted.

I smiled at her pleading look at the screen. It was cute and kind of funny.

Wait, cute and funny? I shook out those thoughts, and feeling a warmth creep up my ears.

Suddenly, my phone beeped with a text.

Lucy P.O.V.

Wow, I've never experienced something so...thrilling in my life. I really did miss out on so many things.

The show ended (much to my disappointment) and I was left with a blank screen. My cheeks were flushed from enjoying it so much and I think it was excessively sweating because of all the suspense.

When Natsu's phone rang, I snatched it from his outstretched hands and scrolled through his messages. Unfortunately, he had a lot of open chats and chat groups that it was hard even finding the new message.

Not to mention the fact that Natsu was climbing all over me like a monkey reaching for a banana and he was awfully close to my body.

After much struggling and awkward poses, I was finally able to access the new message and it was from-

Lisanna

Oh my God. It can't be her. Out of all people in the world, it's her. The person that has hurt me the most in the past few years.

"Lucy...?" Natsu noticed that I stopped struggling. He took the phone away from my hand and looked at what I was reading. His friendly expression morphed into something more mortified and frustrated.

"I..." he seemed at a loss for words.

"What?" my words spat out of my mouth like venom. "You what?"

"Lucy..." Natsu struggled to find the right words. "Why are you so mad?"

It turned into an awkward silence. Yeah, why was I mad? Why did I have such a white hot ball of fury raging inside me? 

"How do you know her?" I finally looked up to see his puzzled face. "Lisanna."

"She was..." he tugged at his scarf in a nervous manner. "She was my girlfriend since eighth grade and then I broke up with her a week ago. Now she won't stop texting me."

"She was my girlfriend since eighth grade."

I dont know why, but the sound of those words made me want to hit a wall. To bash my head into it and scream about nothing.

I stood up from my hunched position and started walking out the door. I heard his voice echoing through the halls but I didn't turn back to see him. I don't know why but I just didn't.

My face was wet from the tears that finally fell, and I woke out of the dorm house while trying to supress my sobs. 

But I shouldn't be like this. After all, we're just friends, right?

Just friends. 

{*Laughs evilly* I love angst so much you don't even understand. I'm pretty sure all of the other ship chapters will be pure angst as well >:D Gruvia is next my little readers...}