Chapter Two

Lucy P.O.V.

"No!" I cried out, reading my schedule over and over again. "I have AP History? With Dreyar?!"

I over dramatically went down on my knees and wept, hoping to get sympathy from my friends. Unfortunately, they were doing the same thing as me. Apparently, they all got Dreyar (the supposed meanest teacher) but for different periods.

After out little pity session ended, I got my books from my locker and walked down to History. The rumors also said that Dreyar was a monster in the morning.

"Room 225," I muttered. "Where is Room 225?"

A teacher that wasn't instructing at the moment peeked his head out of his room and replied with a chuckle. "Room 225 is in the building across the campus."

"What?!" I yelped, holding on to my books as if they were my lifeline and sprinted like Sonic. "Thank you!" I yelled while running down the hall.

As I rounded the corner and out the door onto the field, I saw a pink blur race past me and enter into the building I was going to.

"Wait!" I cried out in desperation. "At least piggyback me or something!"

Oh, why did I say that? It's not like he's going to help me.

However, to my surprise, he halted, ran to me, and replied, "Sure," he smiled. "Hop on."

"Ehh?" my eyes widened. "I was joking!"

He stepped closer. His caramel eyes were friendly, but had a seriousness to them. "Well I'm not," he raised an eyebrow. "So get on my back."

Uneasily, I clambered on and before my hands can rest comfortably on his shoulders, he sped towards the east building.

"Oh my go-!" I was interrupted when his salmon pink hair got into my face. I sputtered, trying to get his hair our of my mouth as he skid to a halt in front of Room 225.

"How did you know I have class in Room 225?" I looked over at him suspiciously.

"I-I have class here." he panted. "And why are you so heavy?"

I felt my ears grow hot as I backed up to the door. "W-why would you a-ask a woman t-that?!"

His blank look was enough to tell me he wasn't thinking of anything inappropriate and he was actually asking me. "Well anyways," I held out my hand. "Lucy. Nice to meet you."

"Natsu," he (still) panted as he shook my hand.

"Well," I looked around nervously, trying to break the awkward silence. "Let's get to class."

"Yeah," he replied as he finally regained his breath.

As we opened the door, we were greeted with a classroom full of students staring at us and Laxus Dreyar himself glowering.

"Oh," I breathed. "my God."

Natsu P.O.V.

"Oh shit," I cringed while looking at the wave of students. I refused to meet the eyes of the teacher since I knew I would melt into a puddle if I did.

"Well, well," I heard our instructor say. "Look who showed up to class."

"We didn't know where this class was!" I blatantly refused. I heard the class gasp over that loud and obnoxious comment and I immediately wished I could take it back.

"Oh?" Laxus's voice was cold and had no emotion. "Didn't you two have maps?"

I bit my lip and replied, "Uh..."

His laugh was ice down my back. Shocking and cold. Electrifying, almost. "So you admit having a map, but you "misplaced" it?"

I heard Lucy choke down a whimper and I felt bad, even if we only met five minutes ago.

"Detention," he said while handing each of us a pink slip. "Go to your desks."

I trudged over to my desk and threw my backpack over it as Lucy did the same thing. We both sat next to each other and sent embarrassed looks every now and then.

About thirty minutes into Laxus's lecture about the Nazis, Lucy wrote something down on a piece of notebook paper and handed it to me. Luckily, we were in the back left corner of the class so no one was able to notice. I opened the note and it read:

Wow, I still can't believe you talked back the Dreyar. What's with him, anyways?

I slowly took in her cursive writing and replied:

I tend to have that effect on girls. And I'm pretty sure he's on his period or something.

I threw the folded paper back onto her desk. She was trying not to laugh so hard that I felt her trying to take in deep breaths.

"Something the matter, Miss Heartfilia?" Dreyar's voice rang out through the air, breaking the silence.

"No," I heard her call back.

"Then would you mind telling us how Hitler tortured the Jews?" he smirked, thinking that she wouldn't know the answer.

I really wanted to punch him right at that moment.

"Concentration camps," she replied with a confident voice.

"That is-" Laxus's voice was cut short when the bell rang. All the students gathered their materials and filed out the class. Apparently Lucy and I were able to blend in so we weren't noticed by Laxus.

"That was close," Lucy took in a deep breath. "But it sucks that we have detention."

"Yeah..." I replied. "It's not fair, you know."

She turned to look at me. "What isn't fair?"

"How he treats the students," I scowled. "Like objects...or animals."

There was silence between us for a while until I finally decided to speak up. "Do you want to have lunch with me and my buds?"

Lucy blushed a deep shade of pink and stuttered a reply. "N-no!" she fidgeted. "I need to meet my friends during lunch."

"Oh," I said a little disappointedly. "Then see you around, I have Strauss next."

I saw her leave and felt...weird. My heart felt like it was sinking to its stomach and my ears felt warm and tingly. However, I ignored it, thinking it was just some weird puberty thing.

Oh, how wrong I was.

{Gruvia is next, for all you Gray x Juvia lovers!}