Chapter 5: Performance of the year part 1

Lola had to wear her new rock and roll outfit for an entire week. To say she was upset would be an under statement.

Her precious dresses had all been badly damaged by the rodents that got into the attic. Her sister Leni offered to help stitch up the dozen that could be saved but the rest were now just clothing scraps.

She spent the week sending Tatiana furious texts full of cuss words and angry emoji's. Tatiana would respond with single word put downs that cut straight to the point, which just made Lola even angrier.

The up shot is that her and Lana were friends again. The two of them went back to sitting together in class. Which is good because the entire class was giving her a wide birth now.

Lola's new look seemed to confirm everyones suspicions that she was going off the deep end. The girls stopped picking on her but they still spread rumours around the school about Lola's birthday tantrum. Even the older kids were noticing her and snickering behind her back.

Lola knew this because she overheard Lincoln tell a bunch of his classmates to knock it off. Adding in, "She wasn't THAT bad you guys. Come on."

As for Lola's friends? On Monday she only had two friends. Lana and Jenny the Rash Girl. 

But then Lola made a mistake...

"Look Jenny, Your a nice person and I have nothing against you but, Roxie is my best friend and I can't get back with her if your following me around everywhere. So.."

"You don't want to be friends anymore." Jenny said, her voice full of disappointment.

"It's not that we CAN'T be friends Jenny. It's just that Roxie's getting the wrong idea about us and I want to try and set things straight. You know? So I'm going to hang out with her for a little bit and then we can play together sometime next week."

"Couldn't we all just play together? The three of us?"

Lola sucked in air between her teeth and decided to go for it. "It doesn't work like that Jenny. See, you and Roxie travel in different circles and it just...it would look weird. You can't just mix people together like that. I mean, unless its a birthday party then everyones' free to mingle but the rest of the time. I mean, you have to admit, you and Roxie are completely incompatible."

"But she's your best friend."

"Well yeah. We've been friends since kindergarten. We hang out all the time. Just like you have friends you hang out with all the time. And you and I, we...um....we're more like....part....time....friends?"

"You just feel sorry for me, don't you?" Jenny said

"No! I think your a lot of fun, I just have other friends I need to-"

"I get it Lola. Go play with your friends."

Jenny stopped talking to Lola after that. But Roxie had now been scooped up by Tina the Ballerina and was now constantly surrounded by other kids. Anytime Lola tried to get close enough to apologize to Roxie, Tina would step in and say, "can we help you?" in her most obnoxious tone.

So Lola got Lana back but now Lana was her only friend at school. One step forward. Two steps back.

After a week of this, Lola finally got fed up. Her birthday had been two weeks ago now and people were still talking about it.  She needed to try and get her life back to normal. Fortunately, she had a big beauty pageant coming up and that would take her mind off of her troubles at school...

....

Tatiana had finally gotten things back to working order.

The last two weeks had been utter hell but she weathered it, just like she always did. The stuff that Lola bought was cleared out. Tatiana returned what she could and donated the other stuff to charity. Except for the earrings. Those were very nice. Expensive as hell but they went very well with Tatiana's other jewelry. She decided to keep them and went back to the store to give the owner a proper check.