"i'm not a threat to you. i made a promise and i intend on keeping it." jocelyn understood where his doubts came from. after a thousand years, you're bound to grow paranoid. "plus, that'd make me friends with the original hybrid. how cool is that?"

the man allowed a chuckle to slip past his lips. "i could say the same about you, love."

jocelyn was quick to deny his words with a shake of her head. "no, me being a siphoner and you being the original hybrid aren't even remotely close to the same. i'm just an abomination. curse against nature."

"you are anything but an abomination, miss odessa." klaus halted in his step, jocelyn quickly following suit. his hand found it's way to the side of her face, the girl subconsciously leaning into his warm touch. "they're scared of what they do not understand. you are powerful."

"i don't even understand what i am, klaus. how could anyone else even begin to try too." jocelyn found herself moving away from the comfort his touch conjured, too scared to allow herself to become vulnerable.

"when we leave this godforsaken town, we'll find someone to help you understand what you are and how to control it— if that's what you wish." klaus' accent carried his words with ease. "i'll take you to the one place that felt like home to me in the thousand years i've been on this earth."

jocelyn bit the side of her cheek, seemingly deep in thought for a moment. a soft sigh tumbled from her lips, finally meeting the original's eyes, cursing herself when her heart began to race. "okay."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"damon, alaric, how i've missed you."

the men felt jocelyn wrap her arms around their shoulders, her words carrying a mock enthusiasm. damon made a move to grab the siphoner only to quickly halt in his attempts once he felt the pain resulted from the girl's abilities.

"gentlemen, why so glum?"

damon held his glass near his lips, a sigh being heard from the salvatore. "klaus, i presume."

"in the flesh." klaus smirked, catching jocelyn's gaze as she made her way further down the bar in search for alcohol. with an amused shake of his head, his eyes fell onto alaric. "thank you for the loan there, mate."

damon then slid off his bar stool, seemingly attempting to intimidate the original as jocelyn made her way towards the men once again. "any reason why you two stopped to say hi?"

"i'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelgänger." klaus leaned his frame against the bar nonchalantly. "just thought jocelyn and i would remind you to not do anything you'd regret."

"by the look on his face, i'm going to assume he already has." jocelyn's head tilted, dimples showing promptly as she received a glare from the salvatore in response.

"i don't suppose i could talk you into a postponement by any chance, huh?"

with a roll of her eyes, jocelyn crossed her arms over her chest. her mind racked of just what damon could've done to result in the need for more time.

"you're kidding," klaus, believing damon was simply joking, chuckled for a moment before the laughter quickly died down. the original's eyes flickered to the siphoner by his side. "he's kidding, right?"

jocelyn shrugged her shoulders carelessly, growing more irritated by the minute. it seemed being in the presence of the salvatore only led the bennett to feel immensely murderous. jocelyn hated him with every fiber of her being.