Chapter 21~

~Sasuke's POV~

By the time I had gotten home and in my bed, her words rang about in my mind. I kept thinking about how she said it and how true it sounded. But, then again, she might've been trying to make me hear her since I was on the opposite side of the room.

I fell down on the dark bad with a sigh. I didn't bother changing or getting under the covers; I didn't feel like moving. I felt my phone go off in my pocket and groaned. I pulled it out of my pocket and opened the text from Evangeline.

Hey, I'm going to the boarding school tomorrow and Ino said you went there. Do you think you could show me around? She said she had things to do. A confused look spread across my face but I decided Naruto and I could both help her.

Sure. Another friend is going to help though. I'm going to bed. I tossed my phone to the bedside table after sending it. I rolled over onto my back and let myself fall asleep. Of course, it wasn't a peaceful sleep.

~~~

~Naruto's POV~

"DAD! WHERE'D YOU PUT MY CAR KEYS?!" I yelled from my room after giving up on the search for my keys. I gave them to him since he needed to use my car, and I thought I heard him drop them off in my room. I guess not.

"Are they on the kitchen counter?" He called back. I huffed before dragging myself out to the kitchen and scanning the area. After thorough eye searching, I noticed they weren't there. I threw my hands up in the air and went to my parent's room.

"The keys aren't in the kitchen eithe- OH GOD! MOM I THOUGHT DAD WAS IN HERE!" I shielded my eyes and backed out of the room. I hit the wall and tried to see if it was safe to open my eyes.

"Well you should've knocked!" My mom shouted before slamming the door. I sighed before turning around and heading towards the garage.

"WHERE ARE MY FAWKING KEYS?!" I screamed at my dad who was three feet away from me.

He flinched before shrugging. "I don't know. Get in the car, we're gonna be late." He pointed towards his car and I crossed my arms.

"No. I need to use my own car." I pouted and turned back into the house.

My dad began to grumble before grabbing the collar of my shirt and yanking me back. He released me just in time as I began to fall. "Get in the damned car, Naruto. We can find your car keys later; time for school." He got in the car and glared at me as I got back up and went to go get my backpack.

As I climbed in, he barely gave me any time to close the door before backing out of the garage. "Calm the hell down." I mumbled and looked out the window. He smacked the back of my head hard and I winced in pain. "Why?!" I shouted at him as I clutched my head.

"For being slightly stupid," I gapped my mouth open at that and gave a hurt expression.

"But I learn it from you and mom!" I defended.

He rolled his eyes at me and turned on the radio. My eyes widened a fraction at the song. "Dad... please tell me that you and mom didn't go out last night because you wanted to do it in the car." I gave a scared look and leaned far away from him.

He turned to me and apologetically smiled. "NO! NO! THIS IS WHY I WANTED TO RIDE IN MY OWN CAR! AM I SITTING ON THE SEAT YOU TWO DID IT IN?! I AM, AREN'T I!?" I pressed myself up against the door and tried not to touch the seat at all. "I DON'T WANT TO BE IN THIS CAR ANYMORE!"

I got countless strange looks from pedestrians on the street as we drove to the school. I had kept myself against the window till we got there and as soon as the car was parked; I jumped out and ran away from my dad with my backpack in hand.