"RUN!" Owen shouts once he spots my frozen figure.

Spinning on the ball of my boots, I'm instantly sprinting away from the creature and racing towards anything that I could use for cover against a creature that is ten times faster than any human being, can smell your fear from over twenty miles away, and could quite possibly hear your heartbeat fluttering against the cadge of your ribs without too much effort. To be perfectly honest, we're all screwed!

As I'm running, I try to block out the frustrated groan that escapes the creature as a loud metallic warping and crushing sound omits from behind me. I could only hope the mangled door is enough to hold her back. That dinosaur had been in there the whole time! And Claire had allowed people to wander in there without doing further tests or checking the security footage beforehand. I don't know who's stupider; Claire, or myself for not stopping Owen from wandering in their like buffet food without checking the cameras first.

A large hand is suddenly wrapped around my waist and pulling my flying body down onto the ground and under a huge crane that I was racing by. I think Usain Bolt would have to be shaking in his boots by the speed my feet were carrying me at away from this begrudged Rex hunting us down.

"I've got you," Owen breathes heavily as we tumble to a stop under the safety of the crane. Our chests rising and falling quicker than a canary's as we hold onto each other and slowly roll over to face the disturbing noises behind us.

The low groaning of the reinforced doors as they break open.
The crumbling of the impenetrable walls as they fall to the earth.
The thundering of the Indominus Rex's large feet crashing against the pebbled ground.
Her roaring at her first taste of freedom.

I daren't take a breath as she begins to slowly move from her paddock and begins to assess the still area. Everyone either hiding or staying so still in hopes that her eyes are more like a T-Rex than her other genomes. Tears pricking at my eyes as Owen pins my petite body beneath his against the sharp rocks that have scattered everywhere during our dive for cover. His concerned eyes meeting mine for a second telling me how vital it is to keep silent at this moment.

As the boom of her large feet shake the ground I watch out of the corner of my eye the line the dinosaur takes, straight toward Nick as he feebly hides behind a truck.

I look way as she draws closer to him. Owens body twisting on-top of my own as he tries to keep his weight off me and analyse the situation. This seriously messed up situation; as the Indominus Rex flips the truck and the earth rumbles with the vicious act as the heavy materials and mangled truck kicks up the dirt as it lands. Owen instantly rolling over so that his large frame protects me as he pulls me closely into his chest and covers the back of my head and neck with one arm and his other hand covering his own.

I have to bite my dry lips painfully between my teeth and close my eyes when I hear a sudden cry of surprise and then crunching of bones against teeth. Nick unfortunately meeting his end as I cower into Owen.

Quickly, Owen is pushing my body further under the crane and he rolls onto his back beside me, reaching for his knife and identifying the fuel chord and cutting it. He smothers our trembling bodies in the strong smelling fluid, my stomach rolling at the intense smell and I have to concentrate on not bringing up my breakfast all over Owen as he pulls his body on-top of mine in attempts to shield me from the terror driven situation.

Owen's body suddenly goes raided atop of me. Both of us holding our breaths. Staying as still as humanly possible to evade the hunting creature as she moves over towards us.

Owen's hand finding it's way over my head and pulling me tightly into his chest to block the view I would have of the Indominus with my glasses getting crushed against the bridge of my nose as the beast pauses beside the crane we hide under.

A horror filled pause passes as the Indominus breathes from the back of her throat in a way similar to Owens raptors as she moves incredibly close.

The stench of rotten meat, foul and almost as overpowering as the fuel that is spread across our bodies in hopes of deterring her from allowing us to be her next snack evades my nose. That's how close her knife like teeth are to our tearable skin.

Her anger filled roar causes me to flinch into Owen as he holds me impossibly closer at the sheer volume; my hearing aid making an uncomfortable squeak in my ear that flashes behind my eyes at it's intensity almost has a cry escaping my lips. Instead, I bite down harder onto my lip, careful not to draw blood, and fist my shaking hands tighter into Owens shirt.

The rush of euphoria that races through my body when Owen relaxes into me as the Indominus moves off to a safe distance from us has a tears of relief escaping my stinging eyes. Moving my hands from Owens shirt, I'm instantly removing my hearing aid to stop the incessant ringing from the loud roar not two minuets earlier. Owen's hand instantly finding my hand that holds the small device to stop my actions as I gaze up at him worriedly.

'I love you,' he mouths whilst he signs with his hand that holds my own
'I love you too,' I sign back, with our hands still intertwined.

He then places a kiss against my sweating forehead, our eyes closing in alleviation, before capturing my lips in a relieved kiss.

I created an amazing GIF to accompany this chapter but for some reason Wattpad just spits it back at me :( so above is a screen shot instead.