Chapter 21: Apologies and Promises

When Friday rolled around, Draco felt excited, yet sad at the same time.

He knew he had to apologise to Katherine, which he was planning on doing in the morning, but the Hufflepuff was nowhere to be found.

After dressing himself up, he was about to go out and search for her, but their bedroom door opened, revealing a glowing Kat.

"Good morning," she smiled at him, closing the door behind herself.

"Morning," Draco nodded, a hint of confusion visible on his face.

He thought that she'd be upset with him.

"So..." She took a few steps closer to him. "How are you feeling about today?"

"Good."

"Aren't you nervous, or anything?"

"Nervous?" He asked back. "Why? Do you think that I have a reason to be?"

Putting her hands behind herself, she smiled up at the Slytherin.

"You seem very confident."

"Probably because I am," he smiled, crossing his arms on his chest while straightening his back in the process.

"Well, I guess that's a good thing."

Glancing down, she bit down on her lower lip, turning quiet.

Letting out a sigh, Draco ran his hands through his hair.

"Look, Katherine..."

Turning her attention back to the blonde, she stared up at him with big eyes that were filled with curiosity.

"About what I said yesterday... I'm... Well, I want you to know that I'm very sorry. I was exceptionally rude towards you and your work, which is completely unacceptable. I was ignorant and I said some things that shouldn't have been said. I thought about it and I realised that I made a mistake. I should have shown support towards you, but I didn't. I'm not going to make any excuses for my behaviour, I just want you to know that I recognised that my actions were wrong. I am truly sorry and I will try to better myself for you because you definitely deserve that and so much more. Also, I think that your mother is extremely lucky to have a daughter like you, and she will certainly like that scarf."

The Hufflepuff had a big smile on her face.

"So... Will you accept my apology?"

"Of course."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, well, great. Thank you."

"No problem."

Draco looked down, scratching the back of his neck.

"So... I should get going now. I'll see you at the match?"

"Definitely," Kat smiled.

With a nod, he turned away and made his way towards the door. When he put his hand on the handle, he turned back.

"Oh, and Katherine... Just so you know, I'm going to catch the snitch for you."

With his lips in a half-smile, he took a last look at the blushing Hufflepuff, then left the room.

After the door closed, she walked over to her knitting basket, taking the green and grey striped scarf out. She was definitely going to wear that for the match.

***

After she finished getting ready, Katherine went down to their Common Room to meet her friends so they could go together.

The only ones sitting on the couch were Pansy and Tony, she figured Annie was still doing her finishing touches or something.

She wasn't surprised by their appearances. Tony was wearing his casual clothes, just like Pansy, but she had a Slytherin scarf around her neck.

"Wow, Kat," she smiled. "You look great. Nice scarf."

"Thanks, I made it myself."

Taking a seat on an empty armchair, they waited for the fourth person to arrive.

A few minutes later they heard heavy footsteps, then Annie appeared in front of their eyes.

"Hey," she took a deep breath. "Sorry I took so long."

Katherine's eyes widened at the sight of her friend. Since Draco wasn't a big fan of her outfit when they were going to the other match, she decided on a more clean look, only wearing the scarf and some emerald green glittery eyeshadow, but apparently, Chase was much different from him.

Annie had a big, knitted Gryffindor sweater on, her red hair up in a high ponytail, which was supported by a crimson coloured scrunchie. She even had some red eye-makeup going on.

"Whoa," she whispered.

"Is it too much?" Annie turned to her with a scared expression.

"No, no, it's great," she smiled sincerely.

"Wait," her friend narrowed her eyes. "Oh, Merlin! Did you make that?" She asked, referring to her scarf.

"Yes," Katherine nodded. "I know it's not the best, but I figured it would be just fine for the occasion."

"Well, I think it looks lovely."

"Hey," Pansy stood up from the couch. "I don't mean to interrupt your discussion, but I really think that we should be going now."

"Yeah, you're right," Annie nodded. "Let's go."

A/N

Hello!
I'm sorry this chapter is so short (plus kinda boring tbh) but I really wanted to update, so yeah... Hopefully I can update soon.

Thank you all so much for reading/voting/commenting! It seriously means so much to me.

Hope you have a wonderful day!